My Redline

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by 19bonestock88
Now, am I right, or is the redline suspension stuff compatible with other ION models?

Example, my moms 04 ION needs it's whole suspension changed, so I buy it cheap and get an FE3 take-off set from a redline, and bolt it on, providing an upgrade in the process...
You are correct. I want the fe3 on my 03. I feel like the fe5 would be to stiff for a daily.
Now, it has to be from a redline. The slobalts/milk wagons use a different top hat then we do on the struts.

Old 03-26-2015, 01:43 PM

So, if the slobalts, and milk wagons have different struts than IONs do, where does the FE5 upgrade come from? I thought it was from the 08-10 SS/TC...

Old 03-26-2015, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by 19bonestock88
So, if the slobalts, and milk wagons have different struts than IONs do, where does the FE5 upgrade come from? I thought it was from the 08-10 SS/TC...
The fe5 comes from them in 08+ I believe. The top hat is the only difference. So you need the ion top hat on the fe3s to work.
The black plate on top of the strut that bolts into the strut tower is what I'm talking about.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:23 PM

So, as of tonight, it may just be the beer talking, but I think I have made up my mind until I can afford twin charging this thing.

Run the dual pass, option b, phenolic spacer, s3 fmhe and replace the stock heat exchanger with the zzp stealth, hell, might just add it to the set up if there is room.
I need to take some measurement's on that to find out.
Also throw a 3 in intake on there, and go down to a 2.6 pulley.

I want to say screw all the in between stuff. Now to find a 2.6 pulley to fit my hub so I don't have to machine the snout down...

Have to think about my fueling as well. I am hoping 60#injectors will be fine, but if necessary, up those to 80#s and run a high volume fuel pump.

Oh, and like stated above, I need those rotated trans mounts bad so I am not hopping down the road instead of scooting.

Bonestock, once you recover your wallet, how crazy are you looking to get with your ride? XD

Old 03-27-2015, 01:11 AM

To be honest, I'm not going nuts with this one... After all, it was meant for use as a daily driver... That being said, I plan on a tune, and doing something about my supercharger(my father in law said he heard some noise, and now I can't tune it out)... If it is more than just bearings and seals and coupler, i plan on a turbo conversion... I know I want a T3 flange, and a choice of two turbos- 1. Holset HX35W... From knowledge on the older Ford 2.3 SOHC, they spool at around 3k, I think, and are very efficient, up to 450whp... Issue may be getting it to fit. 2. IHI RHB52... I can get one of these cheap from a thunderbird, and it will spool faster than the Holset... Issue may be the amount of flow it can produce...

Overall, I want a quick, reliable car... I currently have that(minus some small issues that will be addressed before adding power), so I've not yet found the need for more power...

Old 03-27-2015, 08:02 AM

Supercharger oil probably needs to be changed. Or the coupler is going bad. Both are fairly cheap, but need to be ordered.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:40 AM

Yeah, I seen that... How does one change the oil in the blower?

Old 03-27-2015, 05:41 PM

Either take it apart or basically use a syringe to suck it out, and reverse to put in

Old 03-31-2015, 12:58 AM

Well, every time I get close to wanting to get her tuned, I change my mind on something.
This is it. Im done. After these last few parts come in, I am pulling the trigger and getting her tuned.
The tranny mounts will come later. The stealth heat exchanger will come later.
2.7 is on the way because I am impatient. Selling the 2.8 and the 2.9 I have.
Ordering a 3in intake from OTTP hopefully this week.
Also, thanks to Bonestock, I am going to have a ported blower...Gonna go learn how to port an intake manifold while I am at it, because I will hopefully have an extra one tomorrow....

Old 03-31-2015, 09:59 PM

If you wait ill trade my ZZP intake... I'm pretty sure it's 3 inch...

Quick Reply: My Redline