My Redline

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 09:57 PM
Super Moderator

crack snapple pop...

now the youngin's are the forum are talkin' meth.....

We tried to raise them 'sbest we could.....Where did we go wrong?

More importantly, how in the hell do you guys know this much **** at your age?

One of you should move, the two of you start a modding business with a unique twist that sets you apart from the rest, make some serious coin, and send me my cut.

Old 04-11-2015, 10:32 AM

We'll have to get right on that...

I learned from reading about performance enhancements, and watching videos on power train/ suspension performance, and from years of forum discussion about increasing performance... Granted, I'm most familiar with the Ford Ranger(hence why I've owned two), having studied it since 2010. If I had $12.5k, I could build a first gen Ranger(83-88) that would whip my Redline into embarrassed submission on a road course, using mostly Ford parts...

Old 04-12-2015, 05:58 PM

I just want a quick Ion.
haha
I do know more about performance/handling than a normal person should of an Ion.

And yes, meth sounds like fun.
I want big power on this stock block. Being e85 isn't an option, its either meth or nos. And as of now, meth is the cheaper option...until I find out more about this water injection.

Last edited by goaliemo; 04-12-2015 at 06:23 PM.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:36 PM

Just ordered my ls4 throttle body spacer. Car would be going up on stands tomorrow if it wasn't raining and my yard wasn't flooded.

Also just spent the last 2 1/2 hours reading about the meth/water injection that people have tested on the redline specifically.
Most people were just worried about HP gains from it, so voided it as being useful. But others have found it to be useful as cooling mod, as it should be seen.
My opinion? Screw the HP.
I live in southern Louisiana. I need all the cooling I can get. It seems like people either just did it into the intake or the manifold after the laminova cores.

That being said, as of this moment (subject to change) I have not read anything on people tapping into both intake and the manifold from the same pump. I would also just be running straight water, no meth.
Now, I did read people running nos pre blower/meth post blower, so obviously my double water might work.
It is definitely something I am going to see about doing after I get tuned and know exactly what my temp range will be.
But I am liking the idea of a double tap, and will probably keep the fill bottle in the trunk. Store it under the mat where the spare tire goes.

Just my quick thought on the topic. I know Bonestock will chime in on this, being it was his idea and brought it to my attention. Not a bad idea to get this done soon, if I really want that twincharge set up.

Old 04-13-2015, 04:56 PM

I heard from some sources that water/meth injected before the blower can erode the Teflon coating from your rotors, but I've seen the double water setup on a ranger(4.0/M90charger), said to be able to get IAT2s down near ambient, granted he was running a intercooler like us, but there is potential, just try to find some concrete evidence of the Teflon damage before you inject before the blower... The reason nitrous works is that it's in a gaseous form(IIRC) and just goes through the blower like air...

Last edited by 19bonestock88; 04-13-2015 at 05:09 PM.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:42 PM

It is actually still an argument going on to this day whether or not it causes damage.
But I really am leaning towards the double water so I don't have to tune for it, and if it runs out, it isn't a big deal.
I heard those m90s are pretty good. I believe someone put one on a cobalt a while back.
As for cooling, being I'm reading more and more the fmhe is crap, I am thinking about selling it and putting that towards the zzp stealth and using the stock heat exchanger up front.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:09 AM

Somebody has a M90 Cobalt? Cause I thought about going M90 on my redline... Why? M90 can be had just as cheap(if not more so) as our M62, and more air than the TVS 1320... It's not as efficient as a TVS blower, but it doesn't cost $2000 either...

Why would you have to immediately tune for water? It'll just lower your IATs a little...

Old 04-14-2015, 01:59 AM

I'll have to find the thread. Believe they needed a custom intake manifold or adapter plate for it.

I'm saying the meth needs a tune, not the water.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:10 PM

Hey, quick question... Are all the five bolt pulleys the same? I don't have the ZZP pulley, mine says"INTENSE", but it does have five bolts... I wanna know before I pay $40 for a pulley I can't use...

Old 04-15-2015, 07:38 AM

Zzp/intense use the same hub.
smoothflow/gm same hub.
dont remember what hub Ottp uses.

Quick Reply: My Redline