My Redline

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 09:57 AM

I got a text from sunburst(PO), the cams are stock, he says he was making nearly 18psi before he did the exhaust work, and it dropped to "about 15"... The UltraGauge generally reads between 14 and 15 psi, and sometimes as high as 15.2 if certain conditions are met... He says that the ported blower(by ARM) and the exhaust stuff would drop the boost...

Oh, and I changed the plugs, the NGKs I took out looked nasty, but new... I'm gonna clean them up to be swapped back in, a couple weeks from now... Currently running an Autolite 3923 plug... One step colder than stock, and a copper core... The car is back to feeling like its gonna make you swallow your eyeballs, lol... Before the plug swap, it was feeling like an L61(no joke)...

Last edited by 19bonestock88; 03-19-2015 at 10:32 AM.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:04 PM

Arm is a really good guy. Helped develop the RL community, and I will be sending my blower and intake manifold to him when I pull the head to get headwork done.
I don't see how exhaust work would drop the intake side boost.
Ok, maybe I can, if air can get out quicker.
I wonder what the issue with the plugs is. Maybe it the fuel filter needs to be changed.

Old 03-19-2015, 02:09 PM

Just got a deal on an interceptor and ls4 throttle body. But I wont spend money on the tool to get my damn pulley off. Lmao

Old 03-19-2015, 06:00 PM

Be careful with the LS4... It's hard to drive my car in 1st gear because it's so twitchy... Literally, sometimes I go bunny-hopping up the road trying to give a smooth input...

I'm debating an interceptor- I have an UltraGauge and it does all the same stuff that the interceptor does, but with a slower refresh rate... I just need to get a mount fabbed up for it... I'm debating a column mounted double gauge pod, and then mounting the UltraGauge on it... The pod would be filled with boost and wideband eventually...

And he did mention the fuel filter needing a change, but that would cause a lean condition, not a rich one... The plugs had soot deposits all over them, but had little wear... I'm gonna clean them with a brass bristled brush, and re-gap and re-use..

Last edited by 19bonestock88; 03-19-2015 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by 19bonestock88
Be careful with the LS4... It's hard to drive my car in 1st gear because it's so twitchy... Literally, sometimes I go bunny-hopping up the road trying to give a smooth input...

I'm debating an interceptor- I have an UltraGauge and it does all the same stuff that the interceptor does, but with a slower refresh rate... I just need to get a mount fabbed up for it... I'm debating a column mounted double gauge pod, and then mounting the UltraGauge on it... The pod would be filled with boost and wideband eventually...
I've read about it, but I got it on a package deal with the interceptor, so ill try it out.
Picked up a dual a pillar gauge pod used for pretty cheap.
Believe there's a guy on rlf selling the steering column one.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:09 PM

Have a set of FE5 lower control arms coming next.
Then in a few weeks I am going to talk to Josh at OTTP and see about getting his spherical control arm bushings.
Trying to get in touch with this guy on another forum about trans mounts he has for sale. Didn't mention a brand, so I want some info before I spend the money. That should completely cure my wheel hop issue.
Then I am going to attack getting my pulley off with a buddy of mine so I can go get this girl tuned.
She has been begging me to make her scream!

Old 03-23-2015, 11:16 PM

Well, the trans mounts are stock with a prothane insert.
Looks like I will just talk to Josh and see if he can do a package deal for me with the CABs and the Stage 2 Rotated trans mounts (front and rear).

Old 03-24-2015, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by goaliemo
She has been begging me to make her scream!
That sounded really naughty, lol...

How much of the FE5 suspension do you have now? If you haven't gotten any yet, you're gonna love how it corners! Trust me, the drive back home on US 50 was sublime in my car...

Old 03-24-2015, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by 19bonestock88
That sounded really naughty, lol...

How much of the FE5 suspension do you have now? If you haven't gotten any yet, you're gonna love how it corners! Trust me, the drive back home on US 50 was sublime in my car...

I have the shocks and struts. And I absolutely love them.
These lower control arms should really help out, and will be paired nicely with the spherical cabs.
If I can find a set of the fe5 sway bar end links, ill add those too, but that really doesn't make a difference to m.

Old 03-25-2015, 05:23 PM

Now, am I right, or is the redline suspension stuff compatible with other ION models?

Example, my moms 04 ION needs it's whole suspension changed, so I buy it cheap and get an FE3 take-off set from a redline, and bolt it on, providing an upgrade in the process...

Quick Reply: My Redline