brakes drag after 20 minutes of stop n go.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 11:17 PM

What does the brake master to booster oring do btw? Hold vacuum or pressure between the booster and master?

Old 03-08-2013, 10:05 AM

Well... wish me luck on today's death bleed! Lol

Old 03-08-2013, 08:47 PM

Ok. Update time. Bleed the death happened. Pedal goes to floor. Paid shop 80 $ to power bleed to death. Shop said "your Master Cylinder is bad". Called OReilly. Sold me a new MC instead of another warranty replacement. I just have to pay 30 $ and get the new one. Gonna put it in on Monday. Lol.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:46 AM

This thing has been a real flustercluck for you, hasn't it?

Old 03-09-2013, 11:31 PM

I want to drove it over a hill Rube! But here's a new update. I put in the new MC today. It works rather well. I didn't even have to bleed it to death. A simple bleed in 5 minutes made it rock hard and does not sink. So the rebuild was bad out the box. But unfortunately. .. The brake drag is there and get a hold of this.! I get the tracking and anti skid lights on and drew a code C0131. Heres the pic on the scanner. But one thing is for sure. I think the Master works so well that the drag has been amplified! On the test drive in about 10 minutes of driving the drag came back and it almost completely locked the brakes! I opened up the rear passenger bleeder (squirted out with pressure) and the car rolled home again. It did the drag right before home and I opened up the rear driver bleeder and it also squirted out fluid. So its pointing away from being a sole caliper. What does that mean on the scanner? Abs unit or something outside the unit? Halp! Ive had it.lolololol

Attached Thumbnails brakes drag after 20 minutes of stop n go.-20130309_191543.jpg  
Old 03-10-2013, 09:15 AM

Does the ABS system have a fuse? If so, pull that sum beech and see if the problem goes away. You don't need the ABS in order to have brakes.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:43 AM

rube.. The car drove me nuts. traded it in. it did have a faulty abs module due to my local mechanics diagnosis. cost to repair it was 1400 $. I can't spend more on it. The brand is gone and putting more into it is a bad investment. stealer only have me 4000 for it. lol. Thxs rube for the help. Take care and Maui the force be with you. lol

Old 03-11-2013, 08:20 AM

Dang, that was an interesting but effective way to fix it! I too have know knowledge on how ABS systems work. And to date dread the moment I am going to have to learn. But in reading the whole thread to this point I came up with 2 questions.
What is a PS? I have no idea and I hate acronyms for exactly that reason.
To me, a PS is Power Steering which has nothing to do with. Well maybe not, a number of light trucks use the power steering pump for the "Power" portion of power brakes.
Also I have had only one problem with ABS and it was on a junk yard purchase Dodge Caravan and it did all the things described here plus a few others except actually lock up the brakes causing things to drag.
I never did figure it out but did find out that parts costs were astronomical so never bought anything for it, but eventually solved it the same way.
What do you expect from a $500.00 junk yard van anyway.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:08 AM

What did you trade it in on? A hemi-powered Challenger or Charger?

Old 03-11-2013, 10:11 AM

Lol. PS means passenger side. When you are talking about bleeding brakes. I did research and found out many gm owners had similar abs failure. And the dealer swapped out 1 costly module. Then the issue was back a few days later. Then they swapped another costly module, and the issue returned. Then finally the abs pump. So in total people paid thousands top fix this dragging issue. So since it's a dead brands, and resale drops fast by the months, I had to dump it.

Quick Reply: brakes drag after 20 minutes of stop n go.