Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

visit/Saturn - price intake gasket + more

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 05:33 AM
Banned

I finally had found out the problem with my rough idling, bucking, kicking etc. (see my other posts) as a bad intake gasket. I sprayed carb. cleaner near the #1 port and my rpm's took a nose dive. I knew then I found the problem.(Thank you to all the excellent techinicans out there that have helped me)I made an appointment to go to Saturn for complete diagnosis.

replace intake gasket $600.00 ouch!!!!!! cough, cough, ick , ick

Saturn also wanted to grease me with other "problems" they found.

Uppertorque axismount - $115.00. Any articles on how to change this? and how much it will cost me to replace?

oil pan gasket $350.00 If there is a great article out there on how to successfully changed this, (for most likely $20.00 - $40.00 for gasket and all my ownfree labor) It would be greatly appreciated.

replace serpentine belt - $120.00

spark plugs and wires - $105.00

Funny thing is they are telling me my ac delco spark plugs are very bad for saturn as they can cause very bad idling and terrible gas mileage?(around 30mpg as I speak)They told me the only spark plugs to be used in Saturn is NGK plugs??? They also told me my spark plug wires are very bad as well for saturn cars as they cause misfires. hmmm I just replaced all this stuff last month. Is this another "grease job" they are trying to pull over on me? I am confident that if I replace the intake gasket, all will be fine. Any comments, thoughts or suggestions?

They also highly recommend that I have my power steering unit flushed and replace a muffler strap that broke. No price given.

Is a power sterring flush neccessary? If so, How can I go about doing this myself?

There is much more to my story that I am leaving out as it is too long. I plan on doing all this work myself. Then most of you are asking, then why the heck did you go to Saturn then and pay them to look at your car?? well, that I the part Iam leaving out. For now anyway...

I just thought other Saturn owners would like to know how much saturn wants to charge me for certain mechanical work. I like to gasp over their prices lol totally unbelievable.

Old 07-13-2007, 04:58 PM

If youdon'treceive a quick response heretry http://saturnfans.com, there arequite a few techs and experienced owners sharing all sorts of information. There's alsoa large database that's only a few clicks away that can answer your questions if you have the time to read past threads or join in and watch how many Saturnfans answers your specific questions. From step-by-step disassembling to pictures pointing the way, good and bad, for the most valuable information on the 'net. Free.

Old 07-14-2007, 09:20 AM
Banned

Thanks Ducky,

I took a stroll over to saturnfans and found many answers. Today is the day, I perform the intake manifold operation. I'll keep everyone posted.