Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

aftermarket parts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 10:41 AM

would aftermarket coilover suspension and sturt tower bar and camber kit fit on my 1998 saturn sl1 if it says in the ctalog those parts were only availble for the 1997 through 2000 model saturn sc's? are the sc's and sl1s basic suspension layout the same?

Old 07-10-2007, 09:48 PM

Yes they will, but forget about the coilovers. Especially if they're the cheap ebay ones. They are total garbage. Just get regular lowering springs. Unless you're paying $1000+ for a good set of coilovers.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:33 AM

well it said they are weapon R coilovers and they look really good and weapon r is a good company!

Old 07-11-2007, 01:35 AM

they arent ebay models they are form andy's autosport.com i saw them in there catalog!

Old 07-11-2007, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by saturnsl198
well it said they are weapon R coilovers and they look really good and weapon r is a good company!

Haha. WOW! We actually are the guys who R&D'd those coilovers for Weapon R. Those things are garbage. We were given three sets and still wont use them. The parts from those coilovers are exactly the same as every other company. The springs all come from one place.

And I've dealt with Andy from Andy's autosport personally. He's a real piece of work.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:49 AM

why are they garbage? they lower the car and looks good and are adjustable and im sure htey ride nice?

Old 07-11-2007, 11:08 AM

They lower the car, yes. The car looks good, yes. The ride is terrible though, adjusted to any height. Its like not having any suspension at all. Since Saturns have such short strut travel, these type ofcoilover springs have to be short and stiff. Like I said above, my brother and I did the research and development for Weapon R back in 1999 using our SL2's as test vehicles. After several months trying several spring rates, nothing was acceptable. We told them that and they decided to run with it anyway. Then other companies came along, got the spring rates Weapon R was using and started selling their own. These things are just a generic strut sleeve with a generic spring and hat. Thats all. Nothing special or vehicle specific.

In the 14 years I've been modifing Saturns, I've used just about every lowering spring on the market plus these coilovers. Trust me, go with a real lowering spring.

Old 07-14-2007, 11:27 AM

then what springs would u recomend? i got a guy wanting to sell me adjustable tein s coilovers those are good i know!

Old 07-14-2007, 12:17 PM

Depends on how low you want to go. Also Tein doesnt make suspension components for Saturns. What exactly is this guy trying to sell you?

Old 07-14-2007, 05:19 PM

he said a guy ordered some tein s coilovers for his saturn and then didnt pick them up. so hes offering ot sell them to me. i didnt think they did either!

Quick Reply: aftermarket parts?