Saturn ion 2003 Manual no crank no start

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 11:13 PM
Default Saturn ion 2003 Manual no crank no start

SOS please help....
I have a 03 Saturn Ion Level 1 and for months my check engine light has been intermittent and after letting my car set all night a week or two ago when I came back to the car the next morning it would just need a jump. After a couple days of this I let it sit all night and then the next morning it would not even jump start. Every day since it has not cranked or started even after I replaced the battery.. the lights, radio and cigarette lighter all work when I turn the key. The fuel pump doesn't kick on and the fuel gauge doesn't work. The back part of the ignition switch was replaced today not the Tumbler but the actual switch.. still no crank or start. No fuel pump or fuel gauge but the radio and lights work. The car still displays "Pwr str service" as well.

Old 10-24-2019, 07:27 AM

Security light on by any chance? Corroded grounds maybe?

Old 10-24-2019, 04:06 PM

Maybe I have some rust in the trunk pretty bad. I had someone replace the ignition switch (not the lock cylinder or tumbler). Just the switch. And now my passlock is on so I need to do a relearn I think then maybe after taking care of the terminals hopefully I will have better luck.

Old 10-24-2019, 11:20 PM

You know the ignition is under recall, right?

Old 10-25-2019, 12:22 AM

Yes last year I even had some starting issues around this time of year and imediately had the recall fixed where they gave me different keys.. I am going to try and use a blow dryer tomorrow or next day to see if that helps because that seems to be a thing that solved this type issue.
Originally Posted by DropDead
You know the ignition is under recall, right?

Old 03-09-2022, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Kaseykurz
SOS please help....
I have a 03 Saturn Ion Level 1 and for months my check engine light has been intermittent and after letting my car set all night a week or two ago when I came back to the car the next morning it would just need a jump. After a couple days of this I let it sit all night and then the next morning it would not even jump start. Every day since it has not cranked or started even after I replaced the battery.. the lights, radio and cigarette lighter all work when I turn the key. The fuel pump doesn't kick on and the fuel gauge doesn't work. The back part of the ignition switch was replaced today not the Tumbler but the actual switch.. still no crank or start. No fuel pump or fuel gauge but the radio and lights work. The car still displays "Pwr str service" as well.

the same thing happened to me with my 2005 what was the fix for this