2007 Saturn ion

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 08:36 PM
Default 2007 Saturn ion

I need help with a no crank no start issue with my ion I got a pre programmed ecm that is correctly programmed and installed a new igition switch still have no crank and all the fuses check out had the bcm repaired all the wires are good I just don't know what it could be

Old 01-03-2019, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

Did you perform the relearn procedure?

The ignition switch, BCM, and ECM all have to be communicating in order for the car to run.

What codes did you have before you pulled all those components?

If you turn the key to ON, do you hear the fuel pump prime for a few seconds, then shut off?

What is the status of the security light before you turn to on and when you turn to crank?

Check battery terminal connections for tightness and cleanliness, and ensure there is a good clean ground on the other end of the negative lead.
------------
I'm not sure how you can state with certainty that the ecm is programmed correctly when the vehicle will not start or run. Similar concerns with the BCM. You can reflash the programming and people can repair bad circuitry inside but I have never heard anyone say it was repaired

You may wish, with the battery disconnected, to remove and reattach the connectors for the ECM and BCM 4 or 5 times. There may be corrosion on the connectors or pins preventing good electrical contact. Doing this usually sweeps away the corrosion.
-------------
hook your battery up to a charger or in jump config. to an idling vehicle. It WILL go dead before the 30 min are up
--------------
30 Minute Realearn Procedure:

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON, vehicle will not start.
3. Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes, the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock™ Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.

Important

The vehicle learns the Passlock™ Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

6. Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the Passlock™ Sensor Data Code and/or password.
7. With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if needed. History DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles.

----------

Old 01-04-2019, 04:12 PM

I preformed the relearn twice it didn't work I have a new battery with the connections are tight and clean the original code was just p0601 the security light comes on momentarily then off when I turn key on and it doesn't do anything before I turn the key on

Last edited by Kyle West; 01-04-2019 at 04:15 PM.