Saturn vue won't start help

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 10:46 AM
Default Saturn vue won't start help

Hello so my Saturn vue 03 got stolen the guy broke the key in the ignition and took it out, I guess that a activated my security system I got a new steering column put in because my car won't start The security light was on so I had to get to the dealership and they took it off but my car still won't start
Idk what to do to get it to start I believe my fuel has been disabled I called the dealership and they said something about my key cylinder needs to be reprogrammed is something in they charge 500 bucks someone please help me I don't know what to do I don't want to get rid of it

Old 05-09-2017, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

Your ignition cylinder needs to synch up with the BCM (Body Control Module) so that they can communicate properly and have the security system operate properly.

I recommend you to hook up a battery charger or jumper cables to another car for this procedure. It takes 30 min of key ON time and MAY drain your battery to the point that the procedure fails.

Follow directions EXACTLY AS WRITTEN. Procedure will fail if you do not.

1) With the engine OFF, Turn Ignition to the ON position.
2) Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON, vehicle will not start. ****Leave the key in the ON position.*****
3) Observe the SECURITY telltale light. After approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF. WAIT until it turns OFF.
4) Turn the ignition to OFF and wait 5 seconds.

5) Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes.
DO NOT REMOVE THE KEY AT ANY TIME DURING THE PROCEDURE.

The vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.

6) The ignition must be in the OFF position before attempting to start the vehicle. If you have followed the above procedure, the ignition will be in the OFF position.

7) Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password.

If the procedure does not work the first time, try it a second time.
----------------
Get away from the dealership you are going to if they want to charge you $500 for doing a programming procedure that takes them 10 min with a handheld tool.