19bonestock88's 04 Redline BUILD:finishing somebody else's project...

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 03:55 PM

Anyway, I photographed the panels I made...

Name:  image.jpg2_zpsl0usubml.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  310.6 KB

They fit pretty well and line up perfectly... It didn't hurt that I used a brand new floormat and I took my time with the cutting...

Old 04-23-2015, 10:11 PM

Those look great, Jerama. I think you did a hell of a job!

Old 04-24-2015, 02:40 AM
Super Moderator

Nice job matching the pitch, sir.

Now's a good time to stainguard those inserts before they get grimy and uncleanable and you get pissed.

I'm guessing you put a thin backer plate (steel?) in at the desired angle, duct taped it in place with a 1/2 overlap all the way around on the inside, then adhered the mat to the plate.

It was the adherence part that led me to think about velcro so that you could semiprecisely position it in there AND it would be removeable for cleaning/replacement.

Do you know how many were killed in the drive-by your RL was used in? All the bullets glanced off the front, so I assume the targets were dead before they could get off a head shot at the driver from the side.....just askin.....

Old 04-24-2015, 08:45 AM

That does lok pretty good man. Good job!

Old 04-24-2015, 10:49 AM

Thanks for the compliments!

And no steel plate was used... Remember the total cost I mentioned earlier... The mat is fastened (and taped) directly to the bumper...

And yes, the bumper is trashed... Two different locations for a front plate, and numerous scrapes and gouges...

Old 04-24-2015, 06:47 PM

So, I ordered the ZZP 1.0 PCM, hopefully it turns out good.... I did get an email from their calibrator, saying that he may have issues with the 80# injectors that are in the car... He said that idle wouldn't be stoich and that I may continue to get the same P0172 that I'm getting now... If I had more cash I would swap to 60# injectors and have him tune for that

Old 04-25-2015, 12:37 AM
Super Moderator

you can always swap later on and get it retuned.
Hell, you are modding faster than you could afford to keep it optimally tuned, so this to me is the baseline tune anyway -- the final tweaks will come at the end.

Besides, what's a P0172 amongst friends?

Old 04-25-2015, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator

you could try some stuff called BodyButter on those bumper holes and let me know if it works, if it's easy to work with, etc. Supposed to be good for bodywork on non-metal cars

Old 04-25-2015, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by derf
you can always swap later on and get it retuned.
Hell, you are modding faster than you could afford to keep it optimally tuned, so this to me is the baseline tune anyway -- the final tweaks will come at the end.

Besides, what's a P0172 amongst friends?
You may have me confused with goalie... He's trying to push the envelope, I'm just trying to finish what's already started... I figure, the car's already quick enough in a straight line, so after I get the tune sorted, the engine will be left alone... As much as I would like to get stage 1 cams and neutral balance shafts and stiffer valve springs, I don't really plan to, unless I'm already rebuilding the engine/building a spare... And I would like the P0172 gone if I can help it, but if it can't be helped with these huge injectors, so be it... I would just like smaller fuel trims and better fuel consumption... So far, I average about 20mpg, just commuting to and from work... That's with short term fuel trims ranging between 15 and 20%, negative... Long term is at -20.4%...

Originally Posted by derf
you could try some stuff called BodyButter on those bumper holes and let me know if it works, if it's easy to work with, etc. Supposed to be good for bodywork on non-metal cars
You'll have to provide me with a link, all it found with a google search was skin care products...

Old 04-25-2015, 11:28 PM
Super Moderator

I don't think I'm completely confused, though if I'm not sure maybe that might be significant somehow......

I thought you still might be planning to go for a 2.7 pulley and an M90 per previous posts. That's why I thought you weren't 100% done for now.

Plus it's hard to confuse you with goalie. He wants to quad charge his RL and go w 140# injectors and run solid Metal spikes in the front to ensure he doesn't lose traction due to the 875whp and 900ft-lbs of torque.

By the way, have either of you had someone thrust the rpms up high in neutral to see how much lateral torque is being exerted on the visible engine mounts? Will you need to upgrade torque axis mounts to handle the increased torque resulting from the mods?

Quick Reply: 19bonestock88's 04 Redline BUILD:finishing somebody else's project...