19bonestock88's 04 Redline BUILD:finishing somebody else's project...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 01:39 AM

Im buying you springs for your birthday. lmao

She looks really clean man! Glad to be seeing this over pulling your hair out with things wrong.

Old 04-21-2015, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

Looking good!

I can accept smoked taillights on this car. Just please dont go crazy *** on the interior and paint the dash trim 73 Cadillac sky blue and the speaker grilles deep purple

Old 04-21-2015, 11:07 AM

Someone did that with theres on the RLF. It looks like crap.
And its funny how butt hurt they get when you tell em it looks like crap and they just ruined a good interior.

Old 04-21-2015, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by derf
Looking good!

I can accept smoked taillights on this car. Just please dont go crazy *** on the interior and paint the dash trim 73 Cadillac sky blue and the speaker grilles deep purple
Nothing major planned for interior... Maybe I could dip the radio bezel a dark blue to sorta match the fabric on my Recaros, or maybe wrap some stuff in CF vinyl...

Originally Posted by goaliemo
Im buying you springs for your birthday. lmao

She looks really clean man! Glad to be seeing this over pulling your hair out with things wrong.
Really? Birthday drop springs? Sweet, lol...

There are still things to do(like figure out the intake) but at least I'm not pulling my hair out...

Last edited by 19bonestock88; 04-21-2015 at 02:43 PM.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:46 PM

Ill get her to drop her *** for your birthday XD

Ram intake through the headlight. BOOM!

Old 04-21-2015, 04:07 PM

Ill get her to drop her *** for your birthday XD
Giggity, ALL RIGHT!

Ram intake through the headlight. BOOM!
Except for the fact that I need a pair of those to be legal, that would work... Except for the rain, lol

Old 04-21-2015, 08:40 PM

Pshhhh, whose worried about legality XD

Old 04-21-2015, 10:20 PM

In a slightly more serious note, I've been working on the fog light openings... I've made blocker panels from an extra floor mat(looks better than it sounds), but I'm trying to get them to stay on the car... I get up to 45 or so, and they come loose... Thankfully, I haven't lost one yet, I don't have any more mats to cut up... I hate both the thought of resorting to tape and the thought of making holes in my bumper and using zip ties... The original lower grille is there, but with the fog portions cut off... Why would one do that?

Old 04-21-2015, 11:44 PM
Super Moderator

Below is an example of me trying to be helpful and funny at the same time, accomplishing neither, and jamming Bones into a corner by telling him what he "can't" do with his ride.

Not my place, inappropriate, and, well, just plain STUPID.

Usually I'm just inappropriate and stupid. Sometimes my passion overrides common sense.

Sorry, Bones.

Orig Post
I will not have you representin the flock in a floormat flappin ziptied redline. Just ain't gonna go down that way. I will get you a birthday fog lamp delete lower grille (stock or aftermarket solid--your choice). The nutjob that owned it before you either put fog lights below the orig lower grill and cut it off for clearance, or just hated the look. If it came with the stock fog lights installed, I'd say the latter. If it came without the stock foglights, I'd say the former. The stock lower grille is a single piece of rigid material all the way from end to end so there is no issue of wind sneaking thru the holes---there are no holes. Hence why you cannot find bezels to fill the holes for the factory fog lamp lower grille version. I don't think they exist.

Put the drill down.....slowly back away from the car towards the sound of my voice....

Last edited by derf; 04-22-2015 at 10:34 AM.
Old 04-22-2015, 02:56 PM

Hey, it's all good, I won't complain about you wanting to get me a stock lower grille(you'll have to find my b-day yourself though )As for the floor mats, they look better than one would imagine(I cut them perfectly symmetrical and even and the pattern lines up from side to side) but I promise, there will be no drilling and no visible zip ties on the car, because I agree with the spirit of your original post... I will try not to do anything to my car that looks dumb...

Quick Reply: 19bonestock88's 04 Redline BUILD:finishing somebody else's project...