Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Severe pain in leg, help?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 11:03 AM

Haha nice save nice save

Old 05-17-2015, 10:28 PM

It seems that the pain is spreading, and is now, just as severe in the outer tendon of my knee, and the upper part of my calf as it is in my hamstring... And the anti inflammatory meds don't do much for that pain, even if they help the inflammation...

...and I'm in desperate need to work some overtime, 'cause I'm severely bent(not quite completely broke), and couldn't pay to see a doctor if I wanted to... I hate how my checks cycle, with one check appearing as a 36/36hour check, two appearing as 48/36, and one appearing as a 48/48 hour... I had some stuff to pay, and it was my short check last week... Can I go two weeks on $50? We shall see...

Old 05-18-2015, 12:52 AM

This isn't what I was hoping to see.
Sorry to hear man :/

Old 05-18-2015, 02:59 AM
Super Moderator

**** that sucks. The initial reduction in pain prob had you walking more normally, which then pulled n stretched all kinds of **** that you hadn't been using in years.

Now that you're an established patient, there's probably at least a 2 week wait for a normal appt --- so look into scheduling one -- though I really don't trust the guy you went to....for more reasons now than before. Maybe go after the one you originally wanted.

If push comes to shove and you get close to the point where you CAN NOT WALK, bite the bullet and go to the emergency room at the biggest/best reputation hospital covered by your health insurance. Go on a Fri at dinnertime; they should not let you leave without some sort of diagnosis, and discharge directions. Once you give the orthopaedic /spine doctor and neurologist the history and progression of the symptoms, they should start in the right place and track it down. Just make sure they get the exact same story.

For all any of us know, it might require immediate surgery to minimize future issues.
I'm not trying to scare you -- just to remind you that you DO have the ER option if it comes to that.

Let them chase you for whatever your healthcare doesn't cover.
You're an honorable man and will square it up all in good time.

If you don't have your health, you can't make any money...
to pay the bills that gave you back your health....
which allows you to continue providing for your family.......

Old 05-18-2015, 07:43 AM

Honestly, I thought about discontinuing the stuff the doctor prescribed and going back to an ibuprofen regimen... It seemed more effective...

Old 05-18-2015, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

always an option

Old 05-20-2015, 06:43 AM

Sorry your short on money...been there done that. And sorry the pain is worse. I agree with Derf though.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:25 AM

It seems that I have good days and bad days, with the pain... Good days fall between 2 and 5 on the scale, and bad days generally fall between 7 and 9...

And I want to go to the doctor again, but it's going to have to wait a while... The issues:

1. Money, as in the distinct lack thereof
2. Time, because my work week has again rotated to be mostly in the "normal" work week, so I can't make an appointment without have to take off, which affects issue #1...
3. Family, the in-laws(out only trusted babysitter) are going on a cruise at the end of this month/beginning of next month, so I have to actually be home on my days off... Which pushes any potential doctor visit to June 6, at the earliest...

Old 05-20-2015, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

Once you have the moola, take the kids with you or have a buddy/budette watch them while you're w the doc

Old 05-20-2015, 11:55 PM

I think that my son would be scared to see me disappearing into an MRI machine... All said, I may have to just wait, and switch back to ibuprofen to try and get some consistent relief... And I got called for 8hrs OT Friday, so that day is now taken...

Quick Reply: Severe pain in leg, help?