Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Severe pain in leg, help?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator

keep it in an ibuprofen bottle; if you get pulled over now that he police are talking about you, you do not want to be in possession of "pills of unknown origin or identity". If a police officer wants to be "less than cooperative", they can detain you in a squad car until the drug ID expert officer arrives and positively IDs it as Ibuprofen. Or they could just arrest you on possession of a suspected controlled substance without a prescription. Or driving while under the influence of a suspected controlled substance.

In any event you'll be late for work.

Sorry --- I love the show "Cops" -- the original episodes. I can't tell you how many people who possess narcotics not in a prescription labeled bottle I've seen arrested on that show. Some are junkies who bought them illegally, but there were a few where I think the people just don't know the law regarding controlled substances.

Bones, I'm only suggesting it for you for non prescr stuff b/c you said you think your car may be targeted by police. Better safe than sorry.

Old 06-17-2015, 06:45 PM

That brings up an excellent point, my mother cave them to me, in an unmarked bottle... That could get me into some serious crap if a cop decided to force the issue...

Honestly, I don't know if the car is being targeted or not... My uncle told me, but he is also bad about lying to exaggerate his point, which was to ask me to slow down in front of his house... A co-worker who has a scanner said there was no mention of a black Saturn...

Old 06-18-2015, 01:41 AM

Because a cop would laugh if someone reported a Saturn speeding......Cant tell you how many stories I have read on RLF about that.

Old 06-21-2015, 11:58 PM

Yeah, I guess our brand and reckless driving seem mutually separate to most people...

Anyway, I worked out that the leg pain the the lower leg/knee issue are separate... The ibuprofen doesn't touch my knee or it's issue(and of course it's getting worse too)... Gonna have to go back to the doctor, and damn the expense...

Old 06-22-2015, 07:02 AM

Alright I'm coming to kick your ***. Get your *** back to the doctor not going to get better on its own.

Old 06-22-2015, 12:48 PM

Did you not read his other thread?

Old 06-22-2015, 11:12 PM

Literally I have a metric sh*t-ton of stuff going on right now...

And you can certainly kick my *** is you can catch it... My car gave me seventeen reasons that you won't (catch it) during an overtake maneuver this morning on my way to work, followed by the letters"PSI"

Old 06-23-2015, 02:15 AM

mooooaarrrrr boooooooossssssssssstttttt

Old 06-23-2015, 03:04 AM
Super Moderator

"firtin w disaster"

and it's the name of a song by what band (no cheating)

Old 06-23-2015, 08:58 PM

The band is Molly Hatchet... No need to google... I know that song by heart...

Anyway, I went to the doctors office... I called beforehand and there were no open appointments, but they offered me a walk in... After driving 58 miles up there, they told me they couldn't see me as a walk-in twice for the same issue, and my best bet would be to wait for the next available appointment(late July) or go to the emergency room if the pain is severe(in my mind: of course it is)...

My dilemma- an ER visit of my nature(with X-rays and MRIs included) would likely run north of a thousand dollars, which I couldn't even begin to pay... With other financial stress, I couldn't even begin to pay anything... And this is just for an immediate diagnosis, this wouldn't even begin to cover treatment... Now, the ER visit(provided I do it this week) would fall under the old insurance, so it might be at least partially covered, but any treatments would likely come out of pocket, or at least the first $2k(any surgery would likely meet my deductible)...

I'm a little stuck...

Quick Reply: Severe pain in leg, help?