06 Vue interior lights and alarm issue.. - Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Old 04-03-2009, 08:16 AM

Default 06 Vue interior lights and alarm issue..

I am curious as to how severe my issue is... Recently the sunroof was left open overnight and there was a light rain. Also the forward part of the front pass door (by the glove box) leaks water durning rain. While the car is on the interior lights will not turn off. If I open and close the pass door the lights will extinguish then turn back on shortly after. Also when I set the alarm or lock the doors, about 2-4 minutes later the alarm will go off. Any ideas??
Old 04-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Banned

Sounds like the door on the passenger side is mis-adjusted. The alarm system sees the light turning on as the door being opened, and will sound the alarm accordingly. As for the water intrusion on the passenger door, adjusting the fit closer to the jamb will compress the weather stripping better, stopping the leak. This same adjustment should depress the light switch, and keep the horn from blowing.

Leaving the sunroof open in the rain is not a good idea ..........