Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

Interior instrument cluster lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 08:45 AM
Banned
Default Interior instrument cluster lights

I assume these are backlit and also front lit? I can see the lights in the top in the front shining on the instrument panel. But yesterday i noticed the right side of my tach and the temperature gauge are not near as bright. I can see them still due to the front light but the lettering and numbers are not as bright and it looks as if the whole thing are backlit and i have a bulb or something out on the right side

Its not a huge deal as i can see them just fine, but i will have teh dash bezel off soon to replace the cd player so if its easy i might as well get a new bulb for it, if that is the problem.

Old 02-19-2010, 02:13 AM
Super Moderator

you shouldn't have to remove the entire dash for your cd install.

If you do decide to replace instrument cluster bulbs, do them all while you're in there

Old 02-19-2010, 08:16 AM
Banned

yeah i thought i could just take the 2 bolts off the bottom of the steering wheel bezel and then take the whole trim bezel off around cd player/hvac etc but all i have seen online saying remove dash, steering wheel trim, drop columb, gauge cd player bezel etc. I removed the dash to see if i can get to the bulbs while leaving the cluster in but doesnt look as so. And just as i read on another forum, once u disturb the dash and rattle the good bulbs since they are old, then thats it they die. And thats what happened, no lights now. Well all the LED ones like brake light, seat belt light, turn signal etc stil work but the white backlit ones, the odometer one and the "theatre" front lights are dead...yay! just do them all now