Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

Install Factory Fog Lights 02 SL1

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 09:02 AM
Red face Fog lights

Hey skippy I have the 02 sc1 what I have discovered is you need the harness that is under the hood only it runs
From the fog lights to the power distribution box under the hood it has the identity stop marked fog lights where the relay
Is suppose to be and once you have all that installed you only need the switch panel on interior , it have the dimmer in same panel, when you remove that panel on your vehicle with the dimmer only you'll see an extra plug two wire attached to it that is the fog light switch connection and you'll have the dimmer plug as well,,,, seperate,,,,
All you need for this part of the system is the switch panel with fog and dimmer switch from donor car plug them in and snap cover back in place all the wiring under dash to under hood fuse box is already in place, from there you pull the under hood box out and wire the stock fog harness relay etc into that box reinstall and run the balance of harness thru the front bumper area and plug in your fogs that it. What I have found is the harness on my 02 sc1 is already there from switch to under hood fuse/relay box I just need the harness that runs from there to the fog lights only and of course the relay that will plug into the spot marked fog lights relay.
Hope this helps, I'm still looking for that harness and dash switch panel for mine, I have both lights and brackets to bolt in just still searching for the balance to complete.

Old 08-01-2019, 01:06 AM
Super Moderator

Hi. This is the ghost of SkippyThorson,
He never did write that writeup back in 2013..,
Died an unusual death back in 2013 when he was aligning his fog lamps. Fog.
I'd have thought you would have tagged your also =post onto one in the Coupes section but the lighting and wiring are identical so I understand why you put it here.
I wish you had posted this in 2013--it would have helped me tremendously -- probably even saved my life, all things considered

I bet you didn't know that back when we tried to enforce a minimum of 10 posts in first 10 days to demonstrate intention to stay active, it was named the Skippy Thornson rule. Thornson because Derf misread my last name. But I was already dead.

I think that was in 2013

Old 08-01-2019, 09:11 AM

Damn derf, sometimes you just crack me up! LMAO I can see that Tim has some excellent information and just wants to share it. He can actually be a beneficial member. I hope he sticks around and realizes that if we didn't like him, we wouldn't mess with him.

Old 08-01-2019, 09:23 AM

Ditto

Old 08-02-2019, 04:19 AM
Super Moderator

Would be happy to have some new blood around here. What I wrote did not even include Tim's name.
Made my point, seems to have been received.
I really did call it the Skippy Thornson rule in my head.....