Saturn 3 Door Coupes SC1 and SC2

is it possible???

Old 09-09-2012, 12:21 AM
Default is it possible???

as you all kno imma be buying a 94 sc1 ... did any of them come with the fog bumpers?? if not can i take my 97 sl2 bumper and slap that on?? or can i make my own area for a set of 4" housings ... im a fog light kind of person and espically with the poor lighting on saturns and elk around here i need fogz ... please give me some input

thanks, Joe

Old 09-09-2012, 10:01 AM

I have a 94 and it was a long time before I discovered it was a bottom breather. That is the grill on the front is a facade, it actually is a blank that looks like a grill. Fresh air gets to the radiator through the bottom of the front of the car. There for the bumper contains the duct work to see to it the air gets to the radiator properly. What does that do to your question? Don't know. I think 94's had a fog light option. I don't have one and I have no clue whether a 97 bumper will even fit. I suspect thought that it won't unless you find a donor car you can pull pretty much everything from the front of the car off and then interchange the bits and pieces along with the fog lights. And I know what you mean by needing them.

Old 09-09-2012, 11:01 AM
Banned

I know the 95's had a fog light option. Not sure about your '94. Check your underhood junction block for space for a fog lamp relay, then check again for unused plugs out front.

Old 09-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

My 95 sc2 has fog lights. The 97 sl2 bumper will not fit. I would.think the 94s had the option since the general.body.design.for.the coupes.didn't change till.97. Others have asked "fog light add" questions and we always remind folks.that it's not.clear whether there is stock.wiring on the harness down there for the lights or if you need to do a full wiring job. The stock switch is on.the same.switch pod as the rear defroster but if it didn't come with the option the blank switch slots are solid.

Last edited by derf; 09-10-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:56 PM

well my 97 never came with that option ... so i jerry-rigged em lol ... ill have to look for a 95 and see what i can come up with then

Old 09-10-2012, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator

anything's possible if you want it bad enough

Old 09-11-2012, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by OceanArcher
I know the 95's had a fog light option. Not sure about your '94. Check your underhood junction block for space for a fog lamp relay, then check again for unused plugs out front.
Related I guess sorta, does anyone know where something like an extension fuse or ckt bkr block might be purchased. It would have some form of being able to be hooked on to either the positive terminal of the battery or an extension lead from that terminal, one or more ckt brkrs or fuses and a relay as part of it.
Purpose, to add high current required parts to an existing automobile that does not have easy access or any access to high current capability on or with it's own fuse system. Besides some high current add-ones such as lights or electric fans are better off controlled with a relay and a separate fuse or ckt bkr.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:01 AM
Banned

I whole-heartedly concur with the thought of controlling high-current add-ons via relay switching. Granted, it makes the wiring scheme of your ride a bit more complex, but it saves that power wire running to the keyswitch.

As far as where to purchase such a product, I'd start with a catalog like 'J.C.Whitney' or some such. The other possibility would be a large electrical catalog like 'Allied'. Both have websites, which might give even more ideas ...

Old 09-11-2012, 05:46 PM

in my 99 I didnt have stock foglights so I wired them up myself. Took positive off of the bolt that attaches the battery to the ujb and hooked it to a relay and lights. Then I got a switch and took its power off of the radio so they will shut off when i turn the key off. all I did was use line that had a fuse holder in it with appropriate gauge wiring and fuse

Old 09-17-2012, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Octavious
in my 99 I didnt have stock foglights so I wired them up myself. Took positive off of the bolt that attaches the battery to the ujb and hooked it to a relay and lights. Then I got a switch and took its power off of the radio so they will shut off when i turn the key off. all I did was use line that had a fuse holder in it with appropriate gauge wiring and fuse
hmmm good idea Octavious