Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

Find left rear 1/4 panel and any back support

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2022, 04:13 AM

I guess you don't want the fender?

Old 10-04-2022, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

Don't not buy it through the dude just to spite yourself. You're not going to find another one. I don't know him from a hole in the wall. What I do know is that apparently he is someone willing to go out of his way for a complete ****ing stranger looking for something rather rare. If I were you I'd take him up on his offer before there is no more offer because someone else bought the panel

Old 10-05-2022, 03:49 AM

Where are you? What's your email?
As I've said, I'm in LA, so do you know how to ship it?
I called a ;place a couple of states over yesterday and although he has the part, when I asked about shipping, he said, it's plastic, isn't it? I said, I think it's fiberglass (because one shop told me it was.) He said, no, it's PLASTIC. It's like shipping an eggshell. And he didn't want to do it.

Old 10-05-2022, 03:59 AM

Sent you cell, if I don't answer leave a msg and I'll ring you back, I don't remember xzactly what kind of plastic/material it is but it's sum tuff stuff!. I just replaced a door panel on Whitey and whilst the mounting clips can fail due to corroded screws they are bulletproof IMHO.

Old 10-05-2022, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator

Must not remember the commercials for Saturn where people got to jump up and down on the door panels.

It is not fiberglass It is some other type of plastic.

The real issue is shipping cost. Because it is long and wide but very thin, the dimensional size for shipping is huge and therefore so is the shipping cost even that way it weighs maybe 2 lb. Finding a way to pack it intelligently can also be an issue as you're not going to find a standard box. But it can be done. Just don't be surprised at whatever shipping cost you get quoted. It'll probably be more than the part itself. Just consider it in your mind as part of price of the part because if you don't get one soon, you will lose the chance.

You can always drive to pick it up as it should fit in the backseat diagonal into the front seat with the back of the front seat laid back.

Old 10-06-2022, 04:21 AM

Thanks derf, tried to help the guy...........

Old 10-06-2022, 10:47 PM

To derf and dude:

Thanks for your encouragement. Female here, not guy.

The insurance company of my landlady, who hit me, has been whining for 3 months that it's not their job to find the parts. But they finally stepped up and contacted other states, I guess, and ordered the part without telling me. They just informed me that they have ordered the part (s?) that should be here, or at the shop in the week.They want to close this case, no doubt.

Definitely, the shipping is probably more than the parts! I want to find out what state they found them in...and hope to see how they were packed. I'll take photos, which might help someone else here.
Very vague. However, at least this way they are responsible if the part arrives damaged or doesn't fit. I will keep everyone informed!

Old 10-07-2022, 08:20 AM

Well, if the part arrives damaged, maybe you can tell the insurance company that you have a source. I wonder if they'd pay for dude to pack it?

Old 10-07-2022, 10:17 PM

THAT's funny!

Old 10-08-2022, 07:20 PM

Well, I would pay for it and they would reimburse me.
But this is better, because now they are totally responsible...as they should have been from the beginning! Don't hit Saturns, or old cars, period!

Quick Reply: Find left rear 1/4 panel and any back support