Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

Find left rear 1/4 panel and any back support

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2022, 04:48 PM

If your gonna hang around I will check a local yard, it only has saturns!! I'm seeing lots of folks beg parts/help on here then when someone (like derf) or whomever spends time for a solution, they are gone So let me know in front of God and everybody you're serious.

Old 09-28-2022, 06:05 PM

I am subscribed to get emails on this forum, so I just got yours, and will reply to everyone!
I surely do not want anyone to waste their time!!!
Thank you - that would be great. The problem is...shipping. California hates old cars, and we never had many Saturns to begin with (my father shipped mine out from Pennsylvania.) So hope they are willing to ship!

Old 09-29-2022, 03:19 AM
Super Moderator

The engines in the 91s and '92s simply didn't last. Not a lot of them still in existence in an uncrushed state.

Here's a bizarre concept I completely have not thought through at all. 3D print one. There are 14-year-old geeks that would get a huge thrill out of measuring the other side when taken off the car then mirroring it, and programming their printer to make it. It will have to be a large bed printer and it may need to be done somewhat professionally. I'm not sure what plastic to use. You'll have to research what they were originally made out of. If you can't match it, pick something that does not expand or contract too much with temperature or the panel itself may crack or the paint applied to it may crack if the surface it is on expands too much.

Old 09-29-2022, 03:36 AM

Interesting! Love the new tech stuff even though I'm a Mechanical Fascist.....and go the other way,old school I appreciate a new approach. I'm looking casually for an article about how DARPA helped them solve the space frame issues whilst designing the first saturns body panels and achieving acceptable fit and finish in production. It was a cool article and then there was the lost foam block production and they may have been the first American company using it as a primary high volume production method.

Old 09-29-2022, 05:38 AM

Wow, didn't know that about the early engines. But I still have a long way to go with mine.

Interesting idea about printing it out...not sure if I'm that daring!

Old 09-30-2022, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator
Default This is in LA.

Old 10-01-2022, 03:39 AM

Thanks so much! The one in LA did have the part last spring, but I called him a few weeks ago and it was already sold. But in case he does have another one in, will call him again tomorrrow!

I'll also call all the others to ask about shipping. I thought I had checked out this car-part.com before but I guess not. I'll keep an eye on them, and thanks so much again.

Old 10-01-2022, 05:44 AM

Well never hears from ya, found 1 for $50...........it's teal

Old 10-01-2022, 02:38 PM

What do you mean, "never hears from you"? I've been responding within a few hours to the messages here. Are people not able to see my replies?

That sounds great! How can I contact that person to ask about details and shipping?

Old 10-01-2022, 06:56 PM

If your gonna hang around I will check a local yard, it only has saturns!! I'm seeing lots of folks beg parts/help on here then when someone (like derf) or whomever spends time for a solution, they are gone So let me know in front of God and everybody you're serious.

NBD, just busting yer stones......above is in THIS thread.

Shoot an address, or if you want to stop all this silly typing call me and we'll git it dun.

Quick Reply: Find left rear 1/4 panel and any back support