My Redline

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 11:37 AM

Update:

Been really pushing sales on those parts cars I have, and finally have a bit saved up to do a few more things.

I went ahead and ported the outlet of my blower. Talk about a pain to do. Ha-ha

Got some ottp steering rack spacers to help my axels a bit (black friday)

Have some upgraded shifter bushings coming tomorrow.

Working on getting a 2.6 pulley, lnf upgraded shifter bracket, and upgraded heat exchanger.

Started planning the re-route of my coolant lines.

And here is the important part. I am almost 100% my limp mode issue is the throttle body. I've noticed that when I clean it, I don't have a code for a few start up cycles, and boom, code and limping. I am going to swap that out for a ported stock one (so I don't need a retune, and I'll just be a hair smaller anyway) and see how that goes. If I NEED a retune, then be it. I need a tune again soon anyways.

That's it, for now

Oh, and I has stikarzz because racecar. And they add ponies, duh!

Old 12-27-2015, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by goaliemo
Update:

Been really pushing sales on those parts cars I have, and finally have a bit saved up to do a few more things.

I went ahead and ported the outlet of my blower. Talk about a pain to do. Ha-ha

Got some ottp steering rack spacers to help my axels a bit (black friday)

Have some upgraded shifter bushings coming tomorrow.

Working on getting a 2.6 pulley, lnf upgraded shifter bracket, and upgraded heat exchanger.

Started planning the re-route of my coolant lines.

And here is the important part. I am almost 100% my limp mode issue is the throttle body. I've noticed that when I clean it, I don't have a code for a few start up cycles, and boom, code and limping. I am going to swap that out for a ported stock one (so I don't need a retune, and I'll just be a hair smaller anyway) and see how that goes. If I NEED a retune, then be it. I need a tune again soon anyways.

That's it, for now

Oh, and I has stikarzz because racecar. And they add ponies, duh!
Sounds like fun. Lol

Old 12-27-2015, 06:13 PM

So, you think your limp issue is your TB? Why not pull another LS4? They should be plentiful at the junkyards, just look for a 5cyl Colorado or canyon, or a 6cyl Trailblazer...

What stickers did you add? I have some ZZP signage on my car, not that they add any power...

Old 12-27-2015, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

Stikuzzz? oiy......
And the whole thing seemed so upper crust classy up until now....(sigh)

What code are you getting that throws it into limp mode, and what electrical and vacuum /pcv type lines are you disconnecting to pull the throttle body for cleanage?
And how many times can the thrott body gasket be reused before it becomes prone to leaking?

If you are cleaning it on the car, could it not be something immediately UPSTREAM affecting the throttle body or the deposits on it?

Might not the crap in the throttle body not be the RESULT of another issue and not the issue itself?

Also, almost all codes take two trips (drives) to set as a hard code. First one is stored as pending, second one makes it a hard code, illuminates SES. A "trip" is from a cold start.

If you are clearing the codes in between , I don't believe that code popping not until after a few drives is a valid basis for interpretation of outcome.

No, I do not sit home and study the minutia of OBD II. I have been working on and off for 3 months trying to get a neighbor's truck through emissions, so I have been forced to learn more than I ever wanted to know about OBD II, 2005 5.3 V8's, nasty knock sensor design and functionality, water in a pcm harness, and how, where and when the OBD tests are run for components you didn't even know were on your car. And the obscure criteria which must be met for the I/M monitors tests to be run.

Old 12-28-2015, 09:23 PM

Fender stripes, 2.SLOW, Wonderland (in a fancy script), and considering a I <3 Yoga Pants one that I got.

I pulled the throttle body off the car to clean it. I didn't reset the code when I put it back on, it just wasn't there. No light. Not pending.

The blower has a lip for the gasket to be pressed in, then I have a spacer, and the tb also has one pressed in. I check em each time I remove them.

After the reinstall, it will cycle a few times before it sets the code. I am getting another throttle body shipped to me. I will test it out, if that doesn't fix it, at least i know that is one less thing to look at.

Ran the car tonight with no issues. Ported blower made a small difference in iat2s. Its also like 50 out though. So not sure if that is even the cause.

Old 12-28-2015, 10:07 PM
Super Moderator

Yoga pants needs to go right under the 3rd brake light

Ever spray around that gasket/spacer/gasket deal w carb cleaner?

What code are you getting?

I must solve this from 1k mi away or my day is incomplete

Old 12-28-2015, 10:24 PM

I have sprayed it with carb cleaner and it was good.

p2122 still. Last time I got it, it didn't have limp mode with it though. That messed me up.

Old 01-01-2016, 02:20 AM

Someone is parting out a car in Maryland, and basically said just make offers.

Going to see how cheaply I can get his Longtube header/down pipe and seats.
Might grab the spark plug cover also, just to do something custom.

Waiting to hear back about getting a ported throttle body as well.

Gahhh, and now I just found out vacation time next week, then promotion. More money!!!

Old 01-01-2016, 11:19 PM

Anything on the engine?

Old 01-02-2016, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by 19bonestock88
Anything on the engine?
It's blown, that's why the part out. It's an 04.

Quick Reply: My Redline