Clutch Bushing (22697429) impossible to find

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2023, 01:19 PM
Default Clutch Bushing (22697429) impossible to find

First time posting. I've been scouring the internet for a replacement Master Clutch bushing for my 2007 Saturn ION and have been unsuccessful.
The part is GM 22697429.

It's the white plastic cup/retainer that holds the Master Clutch Cylinder Rod into the pedal.
Any advice where I might be able to find one? Or possibly an alternate inventive approach to replacing it (aka Jerry-rig it)?
My beloved Saturn ION with a 150k miles works great otherwise. I'd hate to have to buy a new car because I couldn't figure out an $8 piece of plastic.

Old 06-27-2023, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator
Old 06-27-2023, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator

Is that the same as this?

https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/sa...dal-fix-11743/

If not, dropdead will need to answer you

Old 06-27-2023, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

Try a search like this.

Old 06-28-2023, 02:33 AM

derf, unfortunately, I don't think it's the same. The bushing/retainer I'm looking for holds the Clutch Master Cylinder rod in place against the pedal. I think the post you referenced is the base plate that clips to the back of the pedal.
To me it looks like a ball and socket joint. Here's a better diagram of what I can tell:

O2 LW300, I took a look at OEMcats. I can find the part there, but when I add to cart, it forwards me to one of 71 shops. Sadly, each shop site I go to shows it as unavailable for purchase.

Old 06-28-2023, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

Off the top of my head and this is not a joke, if you could get the design or at least the critical dimensions that make the piece function, you could theoretically have someone 3D print it for you. Maybe at a high school program to keep costs down. If you still have the broken part, this would technically be possible.

@DropDead ????

Old 06-28-2023, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

I actually didn't install the item I used a teflon cap over the clutch line and it's working great. when that teflon cap wears out I have the OEM piece to use

----

Quote from old Amazon review of the part when they used to sell it. Have no idea what he's talking about but maybe you do.

I'm trying here....

Old 06-28-2023, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

Do not interact with the website gshgbooks.com.

It is registered out of Germany, sells items in Canadian dollars, and the server is supposedly in California.

No traffic and hosted by known servers that host other scam sites.

Old 06-28-2023, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by derf
Off the top of my head and this is not a joke, if you could get the design or at least the critical dimensions that make the piece function, you could theoretically have someone 3D print it for you. Maybe at a high school program to keep costs down. If you still have the broken part, this would technically be possible.

@DropDead ????
That was exactly my last ditch option. Either a machine shop or a 3d model designer. I'd give them the pedal and master cylinder rod and ask them to make it work.
But that is a big longshot in my head.

I'm waiting for the new pedal and cylinder rod now.

I saw the Teflon cap comment as well. Maybe they just jammed a Teflon piece of plastic in the hole and tightened it up?

Old 06-28-2023, 06:54 PM

Wow! Got lucky. Just got the Clutch master cylinder and clutch pedal from amazon.
The Clutch Master Cylinder Rod (CM640099) does not include the bushing, BUT the GM 15274047 Clutch Pedal does come with the bushing.

So for anything who runs into a broken Clutch Master Cylinder Bushing in the future, you cannot buy it as a separate part anymore and it does not come with the Clutch Master Cylinder. However, it comes with the Clutch Pedal.
Just to make searching easier for folks, I bought the following part on Amazon:
"Genuine GM 15274947 Clutch Pedal"
Amazon Amazon

Here are pics of the part with the bushing already included:

Thanks a ton for everyone's help!

Quick Reply: Clutch Bushing (22697429) impossible to find