19bonestock88's 04 Redline BUILD:finishing somebody else's project...

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by goaliemo
Your gauge doesnt read boost?
It does, when it gets connection(diagnostic port is wallowed out), but first gear is over so quickly that I don't have time to study both the UG and the tach... Then, there's the issue of not being able to go WOT without frying the tires, and I'm terribly afraid of wheel hop...

Originally Posted by derf
Congrats one being one huge step closer to your goal!!
Thanks, it feels good to have it tuned! This thing is just plain wicked now... I'm starting to have traction issues even in 2nd... Gotta do the CASE learn, and then start the fuel economy testing... The UG shows promising stuff, but in the end, I only trust the odometer and fuel gauge...

Old 04-30-2015, 09:17 PM

Rotated mounts will solve that. And they're fairly cheap.
I need to get my gauges hooked up. But the whole partially color blind thing makes me nervous.
glad to hear its a decent tune though. They're tunes are supposed to help with miles per gallon.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:41 PM

... And they're on the list...

I guess colorblindness could impede your ability to install gauges... Though I thought an interceptor plugged into your diagnostic port?

Seems to be a friggin great tune... Lots of timing and no rich codes so far... They said I would have idle issues, but it idles real pretty... Only issue is it likes to idle up when I'm rolling with the clutch in...

Old 04-30-2015, 10:50 PM

I have an 06, only year to need secondary wiring so it doesn't kill my battery.
The boost gauge is even worst. splice the green to blue, pink to brown, blah blah blah. I just read aggravation.

When yuh picking me up for a ride? I don't live to far.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:54 PM

Yeah, just three tanks or so away... Not too bad... We will have to meet up sometime, in our Redlines... Would like to either run the tail of the dragon, or maybe get seat time on a road course... hell, meet up with me and I'll tackle your wiring, as I'm not colorblind...

And on a non related note, I ordered tires for my Redline today... Went with a cheaper brand that I've run on my Ranger before with success...
Getting four new Fuzion UHP tires, 215/45-17, at like $86 each... Like $20 cheaper than the coopers...

Last edited by 19bonestock88; 04-30-2015 at 10:57 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 11:03 PM

Guy I was buying nittos from backed out. And have a vacation planned out soon, so tires are going to have to wait. I plan on rotating them at least to get the better ones up front.
Tuners price went up because he goes through a shop now. I may just get 2 new tires for the front to get me by, and use my birthday later on as an excuse to buy the ones I want.

But I definitely want to do Tail of the Dragon! Looks like a crazy amount of fun!
My insurance should be straightened out by the end of summer, so I will feel better about taking it past 10 miles from my house.

Old 04-30-2015, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator

Well, damn, I'd sure like ta meet you two nutjobs and your respective rides...just so happens my wife has a professional conference in New Orleans in the fall. I am definitely going, and I'm not there for the conference.....Can we maybe sync it all up?

Who knows, I might catch Red Fever......

Old 04-30-2015, 11:41 PM

New Orleans? That's an awful long way... Maybe I can trick my wife into taking a "fall vacation" and meeting up... A summer meet sounds more fun though, more chance to wring out our Redlines...

As for catching Red fever, all it takes is one ride... I'll meet ya in Morgantown, lol

Old 05-01-2015, 12:06 AM
Super Moderator

Morgantown -- you're on.

Goalie -- where are you in Louisiana?

Old 05-01-2015, 12:09 AM

Im actually 45 minutes north of New Orleans. I live on the north side of Lake Pontchartrain.
I am also just under an hour away from the Biloxi/Gulfport area right on the gulf coast.

You guys are more than welcome to stop by.

Quick Reply: 19bonestock88's 04 Redline BUILD:finishing somebody else's project...