Help please help I'm on SSI disabled and cannot get anyone to help me identify this p

Old 05-09-2018, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

I have no idea where that part numb or description came from.

Before I go any further, I get to eat half my leg or all of it, depending on your view. I'm ok with either. We all depend on places for info. Mine was incomplete in this case. my conclusions were therefore erroneous. And for that I apologize and provide the following to hopefully aid in the disambiguation surrounding the tranny in your vehicle and the appropriate torque converter if you still feel that is the problem.

Before I start: DECODE YOUR VIN OR HAVE A DEALER DO SO. IT WILL YOU WHICH OF THE ENGINES AND TRANNYS YOU SEE BELOW ARE THE CORRECT ONES FOR YOUR CAR.

Use the following information at your own risk.

-----------------------------------
From my research, there is no single torque converter that can efficiently cover that range of output torque that was put out by GM in for the Aura.
----------------------------------
1)Where did I start: www.rockauto.com

Why?
I have seen one wrong listing in their Saturn section in 15 years. I trust their listings. While there are often multiple apparent fitments, the GM part numbers are correct.
I always work w OEM part numbers until I can figure out the different fitments --- and in this case, there are (technically 3)

ACDELCO 19259215 GM Original Equipment; Remanufactured Trans. code 6T40; 2.89R(FXK); 6 speed
ACDELCO 24262815 GM Original Equipment Trans. code 6T70; 6 speed
ACDELCO 19331052 GM Original Equipment; Remanufactured Trans. code 6T70; 6 speed

2) I then went to gmpartsgiant.com using 19331052 to see what the fitment deal was: It indicated2009 Saturn Aura

4 Cyl 2.4L MFI, ALUM, DOHC, HO, ECOTEC; 6-Speed Automatic Transmission, HMD, 6T70
This part fits the following vehicle options:
  • Fitting Vehicle Options: Z(MH2)
--
So now what's the deal with the 6T40 fitment (just to double check for consistency)

Of all places, I found this on an ebay listing. These folks pull from a central database. Sometimes wrong but quite often right.

VIN- B, Auto Trans, 6T40, 6 Speed Trans, Transaxle;2.89R(FXK); for ACDELCO 19259215

I went to Tonkin's site and looked up 19259215 https://www.tonkinonlineparts.com/p/.../19259215.html

Buried in the gobbledy gook are MNH and MHB for 6T40 configurations. Don't know the difference. DO know according to this, the same part was used in both configs.

Any manufacturer stating the identical torque converter was used by GM for a 6T40 and 6T70 application in a Saturn Aura is full of it.

2009 (Ecotec 2.4 L BAS (base) model: This one uses the 6T40 I have seen this listed as VIN "B" (MHB or MNH)
2009 (Ecotec 2.4L HO (High Output) model This one uses the 6T70 Option Z (MH2)

Please re read my earlier post on 3 5 R waveplate failure if you do have a 6T70. If those are the issues you are having, every dollar you spend is another one down the drain on something that that is not the root cause of your issues.

Derf Out

Old 05-09-2018, 11:26 AM
Default Thank you for your honesty

No I completely agree it's confusing and AutoZone is full of it just like the input output sensor you found for me in fact you can buy it
yes mine is the 6T40 not 6T70
And I went to every site you did and yes the smaller torque converter is the correct one wow what a mess
I'm going to go through the tranny before I reinstall it to make sure everything is good no warning lights no codes nothing so I do not know if a torque converter can just go out but I guess we will see
Thank you I will keep you posted and I cannot thank you for all your help
Lynn

Old 05-19-2018, 02:46 PM
Default Okay help

Please I have figured out after a lot of time wasted money
energy it's the stupid tranny it's the 6T40 of course it's no longer made my problem is finding one that will not kill me financially I'm on SSI and need help are there any models that will interchange to work in this 2009 Saturn Aura XE it's the 6 speed hydramatic 6T40 I cannot afford 2000 for a rebuilt one or to take back to dealer for 3800 because I'm second owner and I've had engine replaced all warranties are void damn it I need a break I love my car and desperately need it fixed please any help I'd appreciate
Lynn

Old 05-19-2018, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

Used are expensive, there are several on car-part.com. It looks like the closest to you is a couple hundred miles away and $1400. 09 and 10 Malibu usues the same trans.

Old 05-20-2018, 01:41 PM
Default Oppp

Originally Posted by 02 LW300
If you drained the 4t45 transmission by dropping the pan you need 7 quarts to refill to the proper level.
no didnt im sorry

Old 05-20-2018, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by 02 LW300
Used are expensive, there are several on car-part.com. It looks like the closest to you is a couple hundred miles away and $1400. 09 and 10 Malibu usues the same trans.
thank you so much

Old 05-25-2018, 12:25 AM
Super Moderator

6T40 is a 6T40

Old 06-22-2018, 12:05 AM
Super Moderator

Anyone heard from Lynn?

Old 06-22-2018, 06:14 AM

Nary a word, Andy. I wonder what happened too.

Old 06-22-2018, 06:24 PM
Default Hi everyone I'm alive

I just saw this I'm sorry I've been really sick and down. So I have very sad news I pulled my tranny and it's broken wave plate just wave plate I contacted GM to no relief because I purchased a new engine and put it in myself they will not hold up the warranty on my tranny even though it's a recall
so my next option was to look everywhere to find a rebuilt one as I'm not that mechanical that I can rebuild it myself no luck all and everyone I've found is 1400 and up
So by the grace of God my daughter lost her tranny two weeks ago in her Acura MDX and started calling pick and pulls we found mine in okyOlym Washington I'm in crescent City CA of course 7 hours away for 280 and 69,000 miles and a 12 month warranty too now I have to find a way there to get it
And there is also one in Chico CA from a Malibu
So if anyone is near olymOly Washington let me know
I am sad depressed I really want my car back I've been walking everyday with my 8 year old he is really tired of it too I'm sorry I will I promise keep everyone posted on this say a prayer for me please I need a break hope all is well

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help please help I'm on SSI disabled and cannot get anyone to help me identify this p