Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   Saturn Aura (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-aura-34/)
-   -   Help please help I'm on SSI disabled and cannot get anyone to help me identify this p (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-aura-34/help-please-help-im-ssi-disabled-cannot-get-anyone-help-me-identify-p-11239/)

Lynn Ross 03-21-2018 11:33 PM

Help please help I'm on SSI disabled and cannot get anyone to help me identify this p

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sat...da387b72ec.pngThis is the part
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sat...feff438edf.png
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sat...af410bc872.jpg

derf 03-23-2018 01:24 AM

OK, think I figured it out sorta

go to

https://www.tonkinonlineparts.com/p/.../24218077.html
For part

SENSOR. Computer Control Sensors. Speedometer Drive. Part Number: 24218077 ; 10456545; 24218077

SENSOR,A/TRNS INPUT SPD

You will see 2 transmissions listed for this part. Choose the bottom one (click once)

The 019 Auto Transmission will expand down the page. At the bottom of the page is a diagram, THAT YOU CANNOT SEE ALL OF BY DEFAULT.
Click on the middle of the diagram and, while holding down the left mouse button, drag the picture up until you can see the very bottom of it.

At the bottom you will see part 019 in the diagram, which seems to match the images you posted.
Looks like the sensor housing on yours was damaged with the wiring.

There are 3 part numbers listed for diagram part number 019.......
Which is right for your car?
24218007 --points to 24218077 ; 10456545; 24218077 so 24218007
24259853 - points to 24259853 ; 24244592; 24259853 so 24259853
24238267 - points to 24238267 ; 24238267; 10456546 so 24238267

GM loves to give multiple part numbers to identical parts used in different applications....................

The error free way to determine which of these 3 parts is the correct one for your vehicle is to call aGM dealership parts dept, give them the Vehicle identification number of your vehicle (VIN), and the name of the part:

SENSOR. Computer Control Sensors. Speedometer Drive.

SENSOR,A/TRNS INPUT SPD

Part 019 on the transmission case parts diagram (I THINK that was what it was called)

***The 3 parts are priced differently, and the detailed descriptions are NOT the same, so I believe there is a difference between them.
Therefore you MUST use the VIN to figure out the right part to order.***

Get the part number but do not order it from the dealer.
Go online and google [partnumber GM] no brackets and see who carries it or claims to anyway. Amazon has been carrying a bunch of auto parts that they never used to and they are very price competitive.

Also -- as for the wiring --- I cannot tell what type of wiring connector (pigtail) this sensor has (and presumably your sensor HAD).
If the wiring broke off the sensor itself, the only way to fix it is to replace the part -- which seems to be your situation as I see no wires in the photo.
As long as the mating plug from the wiring harness is not damaged, you should be good to go.

There is a bolt that holds it in and a gasket or o ring that goes between the sensor and the transmission case to keep transmission fluid from leaking out..
The bolt is still for sale (see webpage) but the gasket /seal is not, so don't wreck the one that is in there now.
It also looks like the plastic of the sensor is partially broken off, either from road debris or someone trying to force it loose with the wrong tool or too much force. Plastic gets brittle with time, and especially when exposed to high temperatures and cycling between hot and cold.

Jackstands, some PB Blaster to loosen up the sensor, and gentle attempts to remove it should make this a DIY project for you or any one of your friends you trust to work on your car.. I have no idea if transmission fluid will come pouring out when you remove the sensor, so plan ahead and have a catch basin.
I've never been under the hood or under any part of an Aura.

If this is indeed the problem, I would guess that the car refuses to go into gear if it cannot determine how fast the engine is rotating -- which is what this sensor measures. "Safety feature" to keep you from shifting into D at 5000rpm....

Please do come back and tell us how it all worked out.

Rubehayseed 03-23-2018 08:12 AM

If you need someone to come and do the physical labor of this job, you need to let us know where you are. Maybe we have a member nearby that can come help you. I'm also disabled, but still do 99% of my own repairs. I can't work all day, but an hour or two at a time before I have to stop usually gets the job done in a day or three.

Lynn Ross 03-23-2018 12:42 PM

Thank you 😊 I will keep everyone posted

I cannot tell you how grateful I am for the help I have been sitting without a car for almost a month and I have tried and tried to get help to figure out this part nothing until I came across this group and words do not express my thankfulness I will keep everyone posted on how this goes maybe by next week I'll have my baby back....
also yes I'm disabled and cannot work full time but have to do my own repairs on my car 🚗 it may take a week but I will get it done thank you
lynn

Rubehayseed 03-23-2018 06:13 PM

Good luck with it, Lynn. Like I said, if you tell us where you are and we have a member in your area, they may offer to help you. If you're close to Lake Wales, Florida, I'll come help you. Two disabled people working on a Saturn. Someone would have to get video! LOL I'll expect a cold beer or two, though.

Lynn Ross 03-24-2018 04:15 PM

I cannot tell you how grateful I am for the help that you've given me during because of you I was able to go on and find the actual part that I needed and after doing hours of research I've located it along with part numbers from different companies Amazon eBay I'm a direct seller and the cheapest one I found is $25 so I will be ordering it and then putting it in and keeping you posted

Rubehayseed 03-26-2018 07:46 AM

Are you able to do the work yourself?

Lynn Ross 04-22-2018 11:40 AM

I was able to replace the part and it did not stop it. I am still without a car and it threw the code p2430 but there is a weird noise never heard before coming from under the car I'm at a loss I love my car have owned it a year and 8 months out of the year it has been broke down I do not know what to do really overwhelmed by this did tranny flush and yet it took off great and then lost power again and drained the gas tank again weird I need a mobile mechanic as I cannot figure it out

Lynn Ross 04-22-2018 11:41 AM

I was able to replace the part and it did not stop it. I am still without a car and it threw the code p2430 but there is a weird noise never heard before coming from under the car I'm at a loss I love my car have owned it a year and 8 months out of the year it has been broke down I do not know what to do really overwhelmed by this did tranny flush and yet it took off great and then lost power again and drained the gas tank again weird I need a mobile mechanic as I cannot figure it out
Anyone else experience this before if so please help me

02 LW300 04-22-2018 10:32 PM

Ok Lynn let’s discuss your car and its problems. The p2430 is a secondary air pump issue and should not affect drivablility at all. What problems are you having, I suspect transmission problems since you asked for help with a sensor.
We will help if we can!