PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free!! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Red '07 Ion, Dying Transmission, Buffalo area, 197,000 mi

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2024, 06:09 PM
Default Red '07 Ion, Dying Transmission, Buffalo area, 197,000 mi

Hi, I just created this account to sell my Ion. I didn't see anything about that being against the rules, if it is and I missed it, sorry, I will graciously accept the post deletion/ban/etc.

Selling my Ion 2 coupe with a BAD TRANSMISSION. 2.2 L, manual transmission, black interior.

The bad:

1. Failing transmission: The car makes a grinding sound that a transmission shop and I both think is a bearing in the transmission failing.

2. Check engine light: The issue seems to be in the secondary air injection system. The air pump doesn't run when the weather's near freezing, does run in warmer weather, but the light comes on no matter what.

3. Some damage to clutch pedal. (I didn't find out about the bushing issue quick enough.)

For Western New York, it's not particularly rusty. The clutch hose is NOT stuck in the slave cylinder (I just checked before posting.) I hate to see it go, but transmission work is beyond my skill level.

Comes with two spare rims (no tires on them.) I have the original black driver's seat sans the seat belt and some trim pieces. I will include it or not per your preference.

$1,000 obo.

The pedal damage. (You can see where the pedal's been chewed away to the right of the bushing's stalk.)

EdIt: reduced price.

Last edited by Toby99; Today at 06:24 PM. Reason: Complying with request for cleaner pictures.
Old 04-23-2024, 11:28 PM
Super Moderator

No, not against the rules.

1) unless it is covering imperfections, will you please wash the damn thing and take some pictures? Much more appealing to the buyer. Especially if you're asking $1,800.

2) is it drivable? Although noisy, does it shift properly?

3) user by the name of 19bonestock88 came up with a fix for the clutch bushing issue. I think it is a sticky in the ion section. Might be worth your while to spend the $10 on materials to do it.

Old 04-23-2024, 11:35 PM
Super Moderator

Here is the link to the clutch pedal fix

https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/sa...dal-fix-11743/

Old 04-24-2024, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by derf
No, not against the rules.

1) unless it is covering imperfections, will you please wash the damn thing and take some pictures? Much more appealing to the buyer. Especially if you're asking $1,800.

2) is it drivable? Although noisy, does it shift properly?

3) user by the name of 19bonestock88 came up with a fix for the clutch bushing issue. I think it is a sticky in the ion section. Might be worth your while to spend the $10 on materials to do it.
Thanks.

1. Will do, as soon as I get a chance. Hard emphasis on the "or best offer," I'm not clear on what's normal in the current market.

2. Yes, it drives just fine. If you turn up the radio, you'd never know anything was wrong with it.

3. The damage is minor enough I was still able to fit a bushing in there. As best I can tell it's intact, so I'm inclined not to mess with it. Since it's such a sensitive fail point on the Ion though, I thought I should mention it.