News, Updates & Announcements Stop in here to get the latest on SF happenings! Just take a look...

PSA --- Ion Clutch Lines

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2022, 08:02 PM
Default PSA --- Ion Clutch Lines

Ok guys,

I am not very active anymore. I am making very good money at my new job, and I am not going to turn it down while the gettings good. We are backed up a few hundred cars, So hours just keep going up (awesome since I am a flat rate tech)

Point being.

I keep getting messages about clutch lines.

Yes, I know there is a high demand. I have been burned on a few deals between here and fakebook.

And the inventory I did have, was lost in the fire back in January. I have not had time to go junk yard hopping to find any more.

The couple broken ones I had, melted to nothing.

Not a top priority for me right now to find some more, figure out fitting sizings, and have some made. For what? People to complain about a price? Id obviously need to make money on it.

Literally, there is a like 5 junk yards I hop around on a saturday or sunday morning to find them. Other option is ebay, or the fakebook groups.

Check the online inventory, make some calls, take a 20min drive.

The last few I sold, I also got ripped off on. So me charging extra for time and gas, people dont like either.

Its a lose, lose, lose.

Last edited by derf; 06-30-2022 at 10:00 PM.
Old 07-07-2022, 08:36 PM

32 posts after this one and ill need a new account.

Found a few places to make them.

How many people would be interested in them at around $70ish +/- a pop? If they go on evil bay, it will be 12% over final price due to them scamming their customers.

If you are searching the interwebz and come across this, make an account, introduce yourself, then comment here.

I do not publically post my number for obvious reasons. I will give out my business email upon request.

But as of today, 7/7/2022 all I am doing is gaging interest. I will update if anything comes about.

Old 07-07-2022, 08:50 PM
Super Moderator

Hi, I don’t own an Ion and I doubt I ever will. Thank you for helping people find parts for their rides.

Old 07-10-2022, 07:39 AM

So it has been brought to my attention that the fittings/line that goes from the clutch master to the reservoir is also getting scarce to find, and that part is also discontinued.
I may look into that also. Ill be going to the junk yard today to grab that line, and a clutch master, hoping the car is still there.

If I end up doing both lines, it may be easier to make them a package deal then so both can be replaced at once. I still need to find a source for either fittings or a company to make them.

Also, I replied to everyones messages a few days ago, and havent heard anything back. So wondering if this is even worth my time. Or if I should proceed and go right onto evil bay with them.

Old 07-10-2022, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

The way I see it, you are providing a service. Service to whoever wants it.

I know someone who might make the fittings. It would suck though having to ship them to Texas. Unless he just did a bulk run and ship them once from business to business account or to a hub.

Anyway, to me it doesn't matter if it is a forum member or some Yahoo from eBay. It's someone who needs one to put their car back on the road. Or it's someone buying it to copy it so they can start making it. Just watch the volume. One to a customer. No reselling on your watch.

You should personalize it with an engraving of your initials and the web address of the site that I build for you so people can purchase them over the internet. I won't really know what I'm doing until I'm done, but the payment for it should work

Old 07-10-2022, 10:20 PM

Send me an email when you see this. If you have a guy, I can send you pictures. Id be willing to pay shipping if the price is right. You know where my best offer is at as of right now.

I am still waiting to hear back from other places. Along with still trying to set up some amsoil retail accounts. And I may be looking into another source of business add-on as well.

Point being, I need to see a return on everything to continue to put money into things. A website would be nice, but I will have to start with ebay for now. When money starts flowing, ill pay someone to design a site for me.

Old 07-13-2022, 07:43 AM
Default Clutch line

did you end up making anymore lines? I have someone doing my clutch right now and he advised me to buy a new line since it’s rusted pretty good. Looked online and say there discontinued and came across your forum post

Originally Posted by DropDead
Send me an email when you see this. If you have a guy, I can send you pictures. Id be willing to pay shipping if the price is right. You know where my best offer is at as of right now.

I am still waiting to hear back from other places. Along with still trying to set up some amsoil retail accounts. And I may be looking into another source of business add-on as well.

Point being, I need to see a return on everything to continue to put money into things. A website would be nice, but I will have to start with ebay for now. When money starts flowing, ill pay someone to design a site for me.

Old 07-13-2022, 08:07 AM
Default Clutch line

did you end up making anymore lines? I have someone doing my clutch right now and he advised me to buy a new line since it’s rusted pretty good. Looked online and say there discontinued and came across your forum post

Originally Posted by DropDead