Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here...

rusted out res

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 08:30 AM
Default Back pressure

Hey....dude, its back pressure. A Back fire is caused by improper engine timing. Back pressure is unburned exaust gases exploding in youre exaust system thats why it sounds explosive (all the poping). That is why high octane burning whips pop flames out the end of the pipe when they let off the gas (higher octane is more explosive). Not sure where you get youre info from. And I doubt you have ever built any kind of high performance engines. You give horrible advice......dude.

Last edited by freeride og; 07-16-2009 at 08:33 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:29 AM

no need for bashers if ur gunna bash get the hell outa my thread....its mad to help people and explain what i have notice/done to solve not bash

Old 07-16-2009, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by freeride og
Back pressure is unburned exaust (sic) gases exploding in youre (sic) exaust system thats (sic) why it sounds explosive (all the poping (sic)). .
Last I checked, back pressure is present without the popping too, for those of us with low-performance automobiles. Take your time when you type so that your definitions are factually correct.
_____

In some high-performance vehicles, when a driver shifts up and lets off the accelerator, the engine has a moment of running rich. This causes an incomplete burn which causes the fumes to explode in the exhaust system along with an audible clacking sound.

____

Incomplete burn, explosion in exhaust system....interesting...

And I thought I knew everything.......damn.....I've been taught something new.

Thank you.

PS: Please post some pics of your ride so we can all learn more from you.