General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Thanks Autozone

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 11:04 AM
Arrow Thanks Autozone

First.. Thanks to everyone who has given me ideas to fix a poorly running Saturn. I went to Autozone and was talking to the guy about getting the ECTS. I was also interested in a fuel pressure regulator, and an idle air solenoid. After I told him what the car was doing. He said it sounds like water in the gas. I got a bottle of HEET, put it in and filled the tank. I started it up to drive away from the pump and it ran perfect....... I bought the ECTS anyways and will replace it sometime soon.

The guy at Autozone also told me I didn't have to buy the idle solenoid either . It seems that you can adjust them. He told me to take it out and measure the distance from the bottom of the plate that rests against the throttle body and the end of the tip. It should be 1 1/8 inch. He said if the car backfired it will probably need to be adjusted. You can adjust it by pulling the pintle out with you fingers.

Water in the gas was the last thing I would have thought of. Especially when I get gas for the wife's car at the same place.

Old 11-28-2010, 02:37 AM

Some times taking the less obvious low tech cheap way out is not a bad place to start with.