General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Ignition Switch replacement/Heated Seats

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 02:07 PM
Default Ignition Switch replacement/Heated Seats

I had my 2004 VUE serviced and the ignition switch replaced due to a recall. My heated seats worked fine prior to the service call but once I got it back, they did not work. Is there possibly something that the dealership did while servicing my car that caused the seats to fail? I'm hoping they will be fixed for free.

Old 12-27-2017, 05:47 PM

Welcome to the forum. I replied to your OTHER post with the same title! Sorry bout that.

Old 12-27-2017, 09:43 PM
Super Moderator

Yes sorry about that indeed since I just deleted the one in the New Member area seeing as though your 2004 Vue is not a new member nor did it even try to impersonate one.
----------
[RANT]
Hoping you can shed some light on the whole double post thing. I've modded here over 13 years running.
Do people double and triple post in forums in irrelevant sections just to p.o. the mods? You know the post doesn't belong there -- you've already posted it where it does belong.
Any regular on a forum checks the 'New Post" list, sees that it's double posted, and usually moves right past it.
You are not increasing the chances of it being seen, you are annoying the regulars and pissing me (one of the mods) off.

Do people ask the same thing in class twice in high school?

Do people ask the same thing in class twice in high school?

See, that is annoying,
I have to spend 45 seconds of my life I will never get back deleting your misguided duplicitous post.
[\RANT]

Please do not double post. You have been warned.

Rube's advice was to check the fuse for the seat heater circuit.
Open the owner's manual, It will tell you the location of the fuse box/Junction boxes in the vehicle, as well as the layout of which fuse is for what circuit. That layout is also usually cast into the underside of the fuse box cover. There's one under the hood, usually near the battery, and often one somewhere behind a trim piece in the center front console, though it could be anywhere in the front dash area underneath.

Test the fuse for continuity with a DVM or measure resistance across it out of the car --should be close to 0. Open is blown (many meters read 0L for infinite resistance.) You can pick up a cheap Ohmmeter at walmart for less than $10 if you do not have one.

Please report back with your findings.

I'm not sure why the rant today, on your double posts; it was meant rhetorically, not aimed at you.

Old 12-28-2017, 03:44 PM
Default Double posting

I did not intend to double post or annoy you. Thanks for being somewhat a jerk about it and writing a book to tell me. I posted the first and when I went back to review it, could not find it. I even went to my Sent folder and say nothing. So,, I made the human mistake of assuming I failed to post it, thus the second posting. So glad this forum has friendly people like you on it.

Old 12-28-2017, 05:48 PM

In derf's defense, he's going through some very tough times right now. He just had to put his 92 year old mother into hospice care. Cut him a break as he DID offer a different kind of apology to you. He's really a great guy and very helpful. Hell, he often goes way beyond researching Saturn problems than any of the rest of us are willing too. And that especially includes me, as I'm a lazy, cranky old hillbilly without an ASE Certification of any type. I've somehow managed to keep all of my cars going for over 45 years somehow, though.

Old 12-29-2017, 03:19 AM
Super Moderator

Zen,

Originally Posted by Derf
I'm not sure why the rant today, on your double posts; it was meant rhetorically, not aimed at you.
I don't think that sentence could have been any clearer to indicate that I WAS NOT DIRECTING MY RANT AT YOU. Just venting.

And yes, I am somewhat of a jerk at times.
I'm the jerk that, after finishing his rant NOT AIMED AT YOU AS INDICATED, proceeded to provide you detailed troubleshooting information to assist you in your search for the cause of your problem.

Believe it or not, there are people that join this forum that double post, are politely asked not to (by the way I said Please in my post), and continue to do it over and over. After getting no cooperation, they go bye bye. Being a bit more stern on the first request works wonders.

I bear you no ill will.
Never did.
Your posts triggered a rant from me about double posting.
I clearly indicated it was not aimed at you.

I also provided you troubleshooting information, which is what we do on this forum.

Any progress on the issue?

Old 12-30-2017, 09:07 PM

Dang, derf, I think you might have scared him off!

Old 12-31-2017, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Rubehayseed
Dang, derf, I think you might have scared him off!
Not my fault the dude couldn't read.
It was never about him.

I'll bet the circuit got inadvertently shorted and popped the fuse.

Old 01-06-2018, 01:06 AM
Super Moderator

Updates?
Progress?

Old 01-06-2018, 06:48 AM

Probably long gone, derf.