General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Can heated seats be turned on w/ remote starter?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 10:16 AM
Default Can heated seats be turned on w/ remote starter?

Hi all,
I'm new here. I have an '07 Aura with about 50K miles. When I bought it I assumed that the heated seats would turn on with the remote starter. I had not had a car before that didn't. Never assume.

The switch is on the seat itself (the most inconvient place in the winter when wearing a long coat--pure engineering brilliance here...) and isn't a switch that can be left on. I'm assuming the switch can be changed to one that can, but then I tried to turn the seat on one day after remotely starting and it wouldn't turn on until the key was in the ignition. Grr. Who's the idiot that designed this? They obviously never sat in a leather seats in below zero temps!

Has anyone successfully tied their heated seats into the remote starter?

Other than this design flaw and a couple minor things, I like my Saturn. I'll be driving it for a while.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:34 AM
Banned

Can it be done? Well, yes, but it will take a good bit of rewiring to accomplish it. As far as I know (and I'm in Mississippi), there is no "pre-made, after market" device that will perform the functions you desire without an amount of "personalized engineering" on your part.