Saturn Vue 2003 AWD

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 08:14 PM
Banned
Default Saturn Vue 2003 AWD

Code P0318 Rough Road Sensor A. No one I went to even heard of this. Advance auto, autozone never heard of it also. Where is it ? What is it, Where can I buy it ? Please email any info to me at: vicwreck@yahoo.com, and thanks much.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator

responses are posted to the forum; no one is emailing you.

I'm also moving this to the Vue section where it should have been posted.......

Old 09-28-2015, 09:11 PM
Super Moderator

Usually right front wheel speed sensor. Has to do with properly detecting misfires

Correct engine misfire detection is dependent on whether or not the vehicle is experiencing a rough road condition. A rough road condition will cause unexpected crankshaft fluctuations, especially when the torque converter clutch is in its lockup state. In order to detect a rough road condition, the ECM will use vehicle speed information from the right front wheel speed sensor (RFWSS) available on both ABS and non-ABS vehicles. On ABS vehicles, the electronic brake and traction control module (EBTCM) sends the engine control module (ECM) RFWSS signal information over the controller area network (CAN) link. On non-ABS vehicles, the ECM receives this information over a discrete wire from the wheel speed signal conditioner module. This module converts the AC signal from the RFWSS to a square wave by momentarily grounding the vehicle speed signal circuit. The ECM contains an internal 12-volt pull-up voltage, supplied to the vehicle speed signal circuit necessary to detect a square wave of 0–12 volts. DTC P0318 will set if the ECM does not detect a sufficient rough road signal based on the vehicle speed from the RFWSS when the vehicle is traveling in 4th or 5th gear for a certain length of time. If the ECM does not receive a rough road signal, it will not detect misfire

(Borrowed from somewhere else)

Old 09-28-2015, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

Good post Derf, that's where I would start to diagnose this code. This code is used industry wide though I had never heard of it before.

Old 09-28-2015, 11:33 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you. Me neither. I guess someone was thinkin' about the "what if's"

I find it disheartening that I PM'd the OP (while they were still logged on), that I had moved the post and responded to the question (assuming forum newbie since they thought we would email them), only to receive no acknowledgement of any kind PM wise or a post to this thread. I'm not saying everyone needs to say thank you for every post, but when you post in a semi panic like they did, some manners would be nice.

Nothing new.

Whatever.