Parts for 2003 Vue emissions system

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 09:22 AM
Banned
Default Thanks but....

Thanks for your willingness to assist but you may remove me from this forum. Although I really liked my Vue when I sold it to my grandson and I understand your enthusiasm for a group, I think it is a bit extreme. Many of us have lives outside of Saturn cars. I am a former Saturn owner and think they were a great car (I owned 2) but I don't think I should be harassed about posting under threat of being banned just because I was trying to help out my grandson. I have owned several classic cars and joined clubs and forums for them but have never been subjected to this number of rules and rigidity. Some people are just looking for some simple help and don't want to make this their life's work. If you are so adamant about keeping the forum clean, you may wish to consider having a one time poster's thread to help people out. Good luck.

Old 06-01-2016, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator

10 posts
signature

2 "rules"

You have 5 posts already, your issue is not solved, I PERSONALLY took the time to assist you in trying to find the parts you seek. You will hit 10 posts without having to try.

I've modded this forum for 11 years; what I've learned during that time that 10 posts separates the users enthusiastic about fixing or learning more about their cars from those who need a one time answer to a one time question.

It's about keeping this place populated with active members. Nothing else.

I don't mind if you hit 10 posts and don't post again for 18 months---you're always welcome to come back as your enthusiasm has already been demonstrated.

Per your reference to being threatened regarding posting, I will revisit the language in the PM I send out. I'm sorry you feel that way -- that is certainly not my intention.

There are people on this forum that sold their last Saturn 1, 2 years ago, but they hang out anyway. Lots of good off topic discussions about serious things.

I have an obscure issue with muscles in my neck. Without the guidance and advice of a member on this forum whose wife had an issue, I'd still be staggering around getting dizziness attacks. And that member had sold his saturn but stayed to chat about them, contribute to tech stuff, and discuss whatever came up.

The people here are good people. We're not here to intimidate, ridicule, or any of that stuff.

I invite you to go join in an off topic discussion. Post pictures of your ride.
You'll be at 10 posts before you know it.

Making your signature takes 2 minutes.

Don't view the requirements as harassing -- they are meant to encourage enthusiasm and discussion.

I used the word "ban" because that is what the action is called in the admin panel.
That is a mistake on my part.

Thank you for standing up and speaking your mind. You just effected positive change on this forum.

I hope you will re-consider your membership in the forum.

Derf

Old 06-04-2016, 07:57 PM
Banned
Default forum

Thanks for your kind reply. I'm sorry that I misinterpreted the mission and goals of your forum but I was just trying to help my grandson because the car I sold him will not pass the emissions inspection in Connecticut and I feel really bad. I know that members of a car forum have a huge amount of knowledge and experience and thought you might know where I could find the parts. How do Saturn owners keep their cars running when they are unable to find parts? Frustrating that I would still be able to use the car here in Virginia but he can't use it in Ct. And sad too, as the car still runs great with 150,000 miles on it! My son is telling me not to worry about it, that they'll figure it out but I still feel bad. Right now I don't have a lot of time to pursue this. I am in the midst of selling my house here in Virginia and have bought one in Connecticut so we are in the process of packing and moving. And I know from experience with my classic cars that it can take a huge amount of time to find parts. But I've passed the information along to him and I may pick it up again once I've moved. Thanks again.

Old 06-06-2016, 12:32 AM
Super Moderator

The dead ones are scavenged for parts to keep the others alive.

1) Junkyards
2) People parting out their dead vehicles before selling for scrap
3) People selling whole car with major major issues in order to get some $ from Engine + tranny intact. In some cases the only solution is to buy a wrecked vehicle as a "parts car", and strip what you need off of it.

The parts aren't made anymore but you'd be surprised what you can locate without a massive amount of effort.

Many junkyards participate in a network such that if they do not personally have the part, they can search a massive database and find out who does, and get it shipped to you. Depending on how heavy the part is might be a bit costly but it can be done.

Don't give up hope.