Exploded serpentine (moved thread)

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 04:48 PM
Banned
Default Exploded serpentine (moved thread)

So I have a 2009 Saturn Vue Hybrid (or rather, my wife does), and I picked up a new serpentine to replace the very worn one in her car. On literally the last startup (so that I could scoot it over in the driveway for service), it pop'ed and shreaded itself within the engine bay. (Sooooo close!) So while that made the "removal" easy, I got to clean out strands of rubber and aramid cord from assorted components before putting the new one in.
Now- after the shread- there was a pool of mystery oil fairly evenly distributed and hard to trace the source of. It's a lubricant of some type- can't determine for sure if motor oil. And whatever the source of it has stopped leaking (I think). A lot of cord had wrapped around the CV boot- so that's a prime suspect, although it seems to be ok now. Any ideas, suspicions or suggestions would be great!

Secondly (and this is hopefully easier). I damaged a plastic cover that goes over this metal post extending from the block (I think) and between the two idler pulleys in the serpentine system. I can't tell what this is or what it's purpose is. There is an o-ring underneath the cover, but I wonder if this is maybe a pulley mount for an alternate configuration of this model (non-hybrid? No A/C? etc.) I really don't know, but I pointed it out in the attached diagram. I'll also attach a photo of the shredded belt & custom railroad stake hybrid spring compressor I welded up. Thanks for any insight there too!
I decided this is a more Saturn Vue specific thread, so moving this question here instead of "general". Thanks for any tips!
-Kevin

Attached Thumbnails Exploded serpentine (moved thread)-saturn1.jpg   Exploded serpentine (moved thread)-railroadcompressor.jpg