P0135 Bank 1 Sensor 1 location

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2022, 06:32 AM
Default P0135 Bank 1 Sensor 1 location

hi , I own a 06 saturn vue 2.2 and i’m trying to avoid paying 80 dollars just to change out one sensor can someone send pictures or explain to me where this sensor is located so i can change it myself i would greatly appreciate it

Old 09-04-2022, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

Front O2 sensor, Bank One, sensor one
Here is original GM part. Bank one sensor one refers to the oxygen sensor before the catalytic converter. It is usually located in the downpipe coming straight off the exhaust manifold. You should be able to access it from the front of the vehicle. In some vehicles, there may be other components between the exhaust manifold and the rest of the downpipe where this sensor is usually located.

Note the note about it requiring GM to somehow integrate it into the engine management control system. No idea but probably necessary. So even if you install it, you may need to take it to the dealer to have it set up. I've never heard of this on a Saturn but this part fits a bunch of different GM cars.
(https://www.gmpartsdirect.co/v-2006-...ion-components)

-----

From another GM parts site:

https://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts-l...;t=MN5;m=ZLB26). I selected 2.2 front wheel drive 4T45E 4 spd trans It seems there is only one front 02 for the ecotec engines.

This states it's in the exhaust manifold/crossover as I mentioned above.

You will have an easier time with it if you disconnect the electrical connection first, and with the vehicle off, spray where it threads in with PB blaster to dissolve some of the rust. Wait 10 minutes. Start the car and let it warm up for a few minutes. The expansion of metal should help to loosen the connection. Use an oxygen sensor socket which can be purchased at any auto parts store. They usually fit onto the square part of a socket or the end of an extension.

Do not force it. Spray it a bit more and let it heat up a bit more. Do not snap it off.

GM usually used denso as the OEM partIf You do not use a denso or GM part, do not use Bosch and do not use one of the economy cheap *** parts.

I'm sure there are DIYs on other Saturn sites. None on ours for the Vue. Sorry.

Rockauto.com has great prices, but the shipping is ridiculous and usually brings the cost of a single part order up to the cost of other vendors. Especially for things that do not weigh much.

Old 09-04-2022, 08:31 AM

thank you!