Bcm

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2023, 07:22 PM
Default Bcm

Searching for help. Our 2003 Vue (4 cylinder, manual transmission) has what appears to be a BCM going bad. Alarm malfunctions, the dash and rear running lights don't work (relay and fuses are good). I've been looking for a new or refurbished BCM for this car with no luck. Will someone point us to a place that has this part please. Thanks.

Old 04-05-2023, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

I don’t know if a GM dealer can still help with this. There has to be someone repairing body control modules. I do not know enough about computer repair to analyze chip failure in the BCM. These appear to be the weak link in all the Saturn models. In my L series the air bag module and the BCM have to contain the same VIN, so if you go shopping for used be aware that this might also affect your VUE.

Old 04-06-2023, 12:21 AM
Super Moderator

I have NO IDEA if this chain store has thecorrect pat for your particular vue.

But I did search 2003 vue 2.2 so i dunno.

If you want to get this right, go to a chevy dealer with the VIN in hand. Go to the parts counter and ask them to please look up the part number of the BCM that is in your vehicle.
IF they tell you they don't have access to the records, they are likely being lazy. try another chevy dealership.

GM is the only bunch that knows what went in there AND what can replace it.

They generally will NOT install and program a non-GM-sourced rebuilt BCM, so you can ask if you bring one in with the car if they'll put it in and program it to your vin -- but don't get your hopes up.
It's b c they generally won't warrantee a third-party part.

you can try wrecking yards and look for an exactish match to your ride. Sometimes the programming is close enough for the options that everything will work.

If you search the net for 2003 Vue BCM location there are a bunch of articles that explain where it is.

Do NOT disconnect it and do NOT place a blank unprogrammed one in there. Just get the part number.

Attached Thumbnails Bcm-2k3-vue-2.2-bcm.png  
Old 04-06-2023, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by derf
I have NO IDEA if this chain store has thecorrect pat for your particular vue.

But I did search 2003 vue 2.2 so i dunno.

If you want to get this right, go to a chevy dealer with the VIN in hand. Go to the parts counter and ask them to please look up the part number of the BCM that is in your vehicle.
IF they tell you they don't have access to the records, they are likely being lazy. try another chevy dealership.

GM is the only bunch that knows what went in there AND what can replace it.

They generally will NOT install and program a non-GM-sourced rebuilt BCM, so you can ask if you bring one in with the car if they'll put it in and program it to your vin -- but don't get your hopes up.
It's b c they generally won't warrantee a third-party part.

you can try wrecking yards and look for an exactish match to your ride. Sometimes the programming is close enough for the options that everything will work.

If you search the net for 2003 Vue BCM location there are a bunch of articles that explain where it is.

Do NOT disconnect it and do NOT place a blank unprogrammed one in there. Just get the part number.
I have the part number and it has been discontinued. It's 1930076193. I saw somewhere that 19116638 is the same amd also compatible. I have searched around a few yards and haven't found an exact match, but if I did, would that be my best bet? I also found someone who can program a new BCM to the car if it is in the car? Another thing: I found this review on Amazon that someone got a different part number 25779919 to work for their 2003 Vue that is the same.

Thanks.

Old 04-07-2023, 07:36 AM
Super Moderator

In the future, if you already have a part number, please give it up when you state You're trying to find it

I saw that too on Amazon. I call BS.

Like I said, go to a Chevy dealership with your vin and ask them what BCM s you can use for a replacement.

Everything else is just hearsay.