Fuse and fuel issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2023, 08:29 AM
Default Fuse and fuel issue

Ok I have an issue everytime I try to start my 2009 Saturn Vue it blows the fuel storage control module fuse does anyone have any idea what could be causing that issue? Also it ran code P069E

Last edited by Jnike120; 04-10-2023 at 08:44 AM.
Old 04-10-2023, 11:21 PM
Super Moderator

The code is the fuel pressure control module (FPCM) requesting the SES light be turned on, which it is.There are several possible reasons why the FPCM might request the PCM to illuminate the check engine light. Most of them are connected to issues that concern the components and the circuitry of the fuel pump. Here are some of the possible causes of the P069E trouble code:
since circuits are fused to burn out when the current exceeds a set value, this usually indicates there is an electrical short from power to ground.

Could be any of the things above. It's difficult to speculate the cause without a schematic to be able to see how everything is connected to everything else. You may be able to rule out certain parts of the system if they are not fused by that same fuse.

I'm assuming the vehicle does not start and therefore does not run. Is this correct? If your scanner can read real-time data, you may be able to tell what is on that circuit and what isn't based on what happens when you try to measure the fuel pressure with a blown fuse in place. You'll get a wandering zero if the pressure sensor is on the same circuit. If it's not, you should get some fixed reading that is steady.
Once you narrow down what is on the circuit that is blowing the fuse, then you can do more focused troubleshooting.

As a first step however I would get the vehicle up in the air and inspect the wiring that leads to and from The fuel tank to look for obvious nicks or breaks. Critters often chew on these wires, especially if the vehicle is not driven very frequently. Most of the time the wires lead up and above and down to the fuel pump which sits in the top of the fuel tank. Critters will make nests on top of the fuel tank and it goes downhill from there.

I'd get a schematic first. Please let us know what happens

Old 04-11-2023, 05:38 AM

The car turns over but wont start and won't fire

Old 04-12-2023, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

With the car on jack stands in the back, did you look for any chewed or frayed wires?