2007 Saturn Vue, Hybred, Greenline

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2022, 01:46 PM
Default 2007 Saturn Vue, Hybred, Greenline

I only above car that I've had for about 2 years. I received an error code I put my OBD2 meter on it it said that the camshaft sensor was bad. I replaced it and shortly thereafter the electric motor is the electric motor quit working. After it started a short. After it's running I get the battery indicator light on my dashboard. Also the meter showing the charge or discharge your discharge status of the electrical battery for the electrical drive motor does not move. The main battery for my gas engine is no problem it charges and starts no problem It's only when I try and run the vehicle it doesn't engage the electric drive motor. Also I noticed when I drive it now it seems like the transmission is not shifting properly and no matter how I far I depressed the gas pedal the RP m's never exceed 3000 RPM, It's red line at 6500. I'm not sure these 2 problems are associated I believe they are but I don't know that for a fact. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Old 11-03-2022, 03:05 AM
Super Moderator

Unfortunately, there is not really any way for us to diagnose this kind of problem over the internet. If the electric drive motor shorted and the charge indicator no longer functions, it is likely that the short also damaged some of the other components for the hybrid portion.

The inability to rev over 3k + funky transmission shifts sounds like it is running in "limp mode", a failsafe mode that is put into place to protect the engine and transmission from damage from a serious fault condition that is present.
unless you can find a good independent shop that knows Saturns and hybrids, I'd take it to a Chevy dealer for diagnosis. It may turn out to be more cross-effective to repair whatever is keeping the car in limp mode and just drive it as a gasoline powered vehicle. It all depends on how easy it will be to diagnose and repair the hybrid issues. I don't think parts for the hybrid stuff will be cheap if you can find them at all.

Let us know what happens. Good luck.