07 Vue intermittent airbag light

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2023, 12:07 PM
dho
Default 07 Vue intermittent airbag light

I'm a new owner of a 07 Vue that is experiencing some intermittent airbag light associated with the passenger senor. I currently running Torque pro with a bluetooth scanner and not sure how accurate the body code reading are for evaluation. Oit actually shows 156 stored codes , mostly body codes but some other random transmission and other engine codes. My guess is these are stored into the ecu and my torque app is UNABLE to erase them.
I looked around a bit and when having the seat warmer(DOES NOT WORK) switched on position 2 the airbag light seems to be less frequent. It comes on and then turns off within 10-15 minutes and can stay off for days. IF I sit in the passenger seat the seat recognizes an adult and request seat belt , when buckled the sensor works. I took a chance and sourced a used seat bottom and seat belt buckle from a 07 at a junkyard and replaced both units but same results.
Can someone recommend a scanner that is able to read accurate body codes and possibly test each component in the passenger side SRS system ? i have worked on other vehicle SRS system and have a fairly solid understanding of how it works. My assumption i son this car it consists of front, side curtain airbags, seat belt buckle, pretensioner and passenger weight sensor.
Trying to avoid buying a Tech 2 since from what I read the knock offs don't always work seamlessly with Saturns since they are a stepchild that's no longer supported.
Some anecdotal information about the lumbar heater can possibly play into the faulty airbag light , possibly the SRS check looks at continuity of the heating system ? Seems like a reach but I'm all ears at this point.