07 Saturn Vue - Wont Run in drive

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2020, 05:31 PM
Default 07 Saturn Vue - Wont Run in drive

I just purchased an 07 Saturn Vue, 4 cylinders with 149,000 miles. I do not know any of the histories of the car. When I initially started the car it idled just fine. Everything seemed to work as it should and there were no check engine lights. I did notice the oil pressure light was at the red line but the engine was idle. When I started to try and move the car and placed it in drive the car shuttered and shut off. It continues to do so and I also noticed it does the same thing every time you try to accelerate the engine. Does anyone have any idea where to start trying to find the problem?

Could the engine be cutting itself off because of low oil pressure? Again there are no signs of valves rattling and the engine runs fine but will not accelerate above idle? I checked the oil level in the car and it is low but not significantly. This vehicle does not have an oil light but a guage. The gauge is not at zero but at the red line that shows the minimum amount of pressure. I have owned previous Saturn Vues that did the same thing until the engine was run for a few seconds and reached higher RPM before the oil indicator reached maximum pressure.

Last edited by A1handy; 10-29-2020 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Additional information
Old 10-30-2020, 05:25 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by A1handy
I just purchased an 07 Saturn Vue, 4 cylinders with 149,000 miles. I do not know any of the histories of the car. When I initially started the car it idled just fine. Everything seemed to work as it should and there were no check engine lights. I did notice the oil pressure light was at the red line but the engine was idle. When I started to try and move the car and placed it in drive the car shuttered and shut off. It continues to do so and I also noticed it does the same thing every time you try to accelerate the engine. Does anyone have any idea where to start trying to find the problem?

Could the engine be cutting itself off because of low oil pressure? Again there are no signs of valves rattling and the engine runs fine but will not accelerate above idle? I checked the oil level in the car and it is low but not significantly. This vehicle does not have an oil light but a guage. The gauge is not at zero but at the red line that shows the minimum amount of pressure. I have owned previous Saturn Vues that did the same thing until the engine was run for a few seconds and reached higher RPM before the oil indicator reached maximum pressure.
Did you buy the vehicle this way or did this begin after you purchased it?

Check engine light on now?
What codes are present? Please post.

How much oil did you have to add to top off the oil to the full mark?

What other issues do you have with the vehicle?

Many different possibilities for this behavior.