Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

Selling or Donating my 1999 SL/1

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2020, 01:12 PM
Default Selling or Donating my 1999 SL/1

I live in the greater Atlanta area. I want to sell my 1999 SL/1, since I need to get a new car. Don't have a picture right now, but can post one later. I have great love for this car, so I want it to go to a Saturn lover, if possible. Or to be put to good use, not just destroyed.
This car is well-maintained, regularly. It works and drives great! The only issue with it, is that air-conditioning doesn't work because it needs a new compressor. Note that the heater works just fine, as does the fan. Because of my asthma, I need the A/C working in the summer.
I would love for my beloved Saturn to go to a good home! Or, even if I donated it, to go somewhere it could get put to good use. I am the only owner that this car has ever had, and have tried my best to take very good care of it.
SO, if you are interested in buying this wonderful car, please let me know or message me. Or if you have any good ideas for me, please let me know. If you are interested and live within a few hours drive of Atlanta, it may still be possible to work something out.

Thank you,
Susan

Last edited by stabnik; 01-10-2020 at 01:41 PM.
Old 01-11-2020, 11:14 AM

You sound like a very generous person, Susan. Good luck with the sale. You need to let everyone know what your price is. I've had two brain surgeries and my internal thermostat is all out of whack. Like you, I MUST have working a/c in my cars. Wouldn't it be cheaper to get the a/c fixed instead of getting a new car and having to make payments for several years, along with the boost in the cost for full coverage insurance? I mean, a thousand dollars or so vs twenty some odd thousand?

Old 01-11-2020, 04:46 PM

Thanks so much for your comments here, Charlie. As I consider my options, it helps to hear ideas to consider.
I am thinking to ask $800 for my Saturn, because of the compressor need. What do you think?
Also, as reading what I first posted, I forgot to say that my Saturn is manual transmission, so "stick shift". I am thinking that I may really like to have an automatic.

Still open to suggestion!

Thanks
Susan

Old 01-12-2020, 06:54 AM

I think that's a fair price since it's a one owner car and you've taken care of it. And personally, I'd rather have a manual shift nowadays since automatics have become more and more expensive to have repaired or worked on. I can change out clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing along with cables or bushings and clutch master or slave cylinders. I don't know diddly about automatic transmissions except for changing the fluid and filters on them. But if I lived in Atlanta and had to face that traffic every day, I'd definitely have an automatic. Driving a stick in bumper to bumper traffic just sucks.

Old 01-14-2020, 04:58 AM
Super Moderator

I think it's worth at least 1K in that condition though you haven't listed mileage,
If you've always lived down there, the frame should be in great shape.
If the interior is not all ripped up, again, another nod to >800.
Same with paint.
List it for 1150, take 1000.

People pay 300 for one with a broken timing chain; yours runs just fine.

Are you sure it is a compressor issue? Diag by a professional mechanic?
Might be something a simple as a low pressure cutoff switch.....

Old 11-11-2021, 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by stabnik
I live in the greater Atlanta area. I want to sell my 1999 SL/1, since I need to get a new car. Don't have a picture right now, but can post one later. I have great love for this car, so I want it to go to a Saturn lover, if possible. Or to be put to good use, not just destroyed.
This car is well-maintained, regularly. It works and drives great! The only issue with it, is that air-conditioning doesn't work because it needs a new compressor. Note that the heater works just fine, as does the fan. Because of my asthma, I need the A/C working in the summer.
I would love for my beloved Saturn to go to a good home! Or, even if I donated it, to go somewhere it could get put to good use. I am the only owner that this car has ever had, and have tried my best to take very good care of it.
SO, if you are interested in buying this wonderful car, please let me know or message me. Or if you have any good ideas for me, please let me know. If you are interested and live within a few hours drive of Atlanta, it may still be possible to work something out.

Thank you,
Susan
do you still have the Saturn

Old 11-11-2021, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

Given the demand for vehicular transportation at this time, I would expect the price to be higher, but what do I know?

We'll find out what I know when I sell my 1997 Saturn SC2 sometime this month. Are you interested? Five speed, about 80k on Saturn remanufactured engine. Everything works except it needs a new AC compressor. Sounds familiar?

PM me on the forum if you are interested. I'm almost done cleaning it up and addressing all the nitpicky non-functioning silly stuff I've put off for 15 years. One owner car