Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

Install new clutch HELP !

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 03:31 PM

Well we got lucky found another Satrun same year 115,000 miles even the same color for $1200 , sold the other one for $750 so am a happy camper

[img]smileys/smiley14.gif[/img]

Old 04-07-2007, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by S-Turn
Originally Posted by Low Saturn

Locally I can get Saturn engines, actually any engine, buts since this is a Saturn forum we'll talk about Saturn engines.

And by any engine, do you mean ANY engine? Not tryin' to sound cynical, just want to know because there's a couple types of engines i've been lookingto buy for a reasonable price,but have had no such luck.

-S-Turn-

Any make of engine. Doesnt matter is its a Saturn 4 cylinder engine, Chevy V8,Toyota inline 6 or any type of Honda engine. If its an engine that comes out of a motor vehicle, its that price.

Old 04-09-2007, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by 90roadsterman
I am trying to put a new clutch kit in my daughter's 1996 Saturn SL2 , the Haynes Repair manual I have says to pull the motor well I have but it was so tight I do not belive I could get it back together, I have not touched the transmission but did bend a couple of fingers on the presure plate getting it out , the book seems to give the info for an automatic not a standard , any help would be appreceated [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]
if you plan on keeping this car for any length of time, i'd recommend taking that haynes manual and throwing it as FAR as you can. drive straight to your nearest saturn retailer and purchase a set of factory service manuals.

i JUST got home today from changing my clutch on my 96 sl2. the preferred method is to support the engine, radiator and steering rack from above, remove the engine cradle and drop the gearbox out the bottom of the car.

once done, you'll prolly need an extra set of hands to line the gearbox up to get it back in, but it's not too bad. i actually set it on my chest, crawled under the car and pressed it up while the wifey helped line up the splines and press it in place...

good luck...

s3aturnr