Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

2 working windows....blah.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 10:38 PM

You have a fair amount of money tied up in your car at the moment so it should come to no surprise that to repair the malfunctioning windows you are probably going to have to change the motor that runs them. And they ain't cheap. On top of that as far as I know the only place those parts are available is through a dealer and if you have not noticed, they are gone too.
So far, I have been able to get replacement parts for mine through a local Chevy dealer that can order parts. How long that is going to last is also an open question. But as I suspect i am going to have to buy a passenger side window motor for mine I probably will find out shortly.
As to the P0410, note;
During air pump operation the PCM monitors oxygen sensor output, expecting to see a lean condition if the pump is running, if it does not see a lean condition it sets the P0140 flat after a set period of time.

Diagnostic Procedjure
1. Turn ignition on with engine off using scan tool Perform AIR PUMP SPECIAL TEST. If test passes, see DIAGNOSTIC AIDS. If test does not pass go to next step.
2. If air pump turned on go to next step. If air pump did not turn on go to "Air Pump fuse 30 amp located in under hood junction block. If fuse is o.k. go to step 4. If fuse is open check air pump battery feed circuit for short to ground and repair as required and replace fuse.
3. Check vacuum lines, air hose, in-line check valve and air pipe for leaks or restrictions. Repair if needed. If no problem go to step 5
4. Chck for an open in air pump battery feed or ground circuits, repair as needed if no problem found replace air pump.
5.Disconnect vacuum line to combination valve, using hand held vacuum pump apply 15 in vacuum to valve if valve holds go to next step, if not replace valve.
6. Disconnect air hose at combination valve. Turn ignition on, with engine off. Using scan tool, command air pump on. If air is felt at hose, replace air pump solenoid. If no air is felt at hose replace air pump.

All of this or most of it anyway is dependent on having a scan tool to command the
Engine Control computer to do something. Which may be a bit tricky to do with anything but a special scan tool.
Having a fair set of books, and the Mitchel or Chilton Saturn Service book gives enough information to ferret out ways to do these things the old fashion way may be the only alternative.
But if you say the car was "REPAIRED" by creating a basket case, you may find the problem by close inspection of parts by seeing damage.
Good luck.