Saturn L Series Sedans & Wagons L100, L200, L300, LW200, and LW300

Saturn LS2 resonator delete HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 07:27 PM
Default Saturn LS2 resonator delete HELP

Alright I'm back! Next project is the resonator delete. Got my new flex pipe put on today, and all my welds spot touched. Sounds nice and throaty! I have no muffler. I took off the stock muffler and put a racing can on it. I've alwaysl liked the sound of them. Doesn't have that crappy... Whole wheat ricey sound at high rpm's.. Just stays deep and then high and loud! ANYYYWWAAAYYYSS!

I would now like to take off the resonator. It does sound now yes but.. I want better! I do have the V6 so she will pur! Now my issue is the hangers for the middle of my exhaust is attached to the resonator, and that holds up the cat all the way to the back of the tip, and to the front up till' it bends to the manifold. Granted I'm taking off the 20lb resonator, but when I put the straight pipe their to replace it, what about the hangers? Is my exhaust gonna snap? Is their something I can hold it with like.. For the cat and such? Theirs nothing holding my exhaust from the front flexto the tip so.. I'm stumped. Any suggestions? Other than don't do it? I've made up my mind; I've wanted to do it forever. Just need some tips!

Old 03-20-2013, 07:48 PM

Attach a hanger. Seems like the common sense thing to do.

Maybe your uncommon.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:41 AM
Banned

--or maybe even hangers ...... (as in two)

Old 03-25-2013, 09:57 PM

So I went ahead and did the delete! Sounds amazing. Now it's much louder than most because I have no muffler, just a tip. But it's deep and throaty. Sometimes ricey in the 6k rpm.. But I'm working on fixing that.

Power: ehh.. Little loss maybe? QM might show a .2 off or so.. Kinda notice it in first gear but barely.

Drone: around 3-3.4k rmp's

Idle: not to bad. Much deeper and more noticeable that "Hey, I hear an exhaust!"

Without the hangers it's not that bad actually. Will I need to do something about it? Ehh.. Probably but I'm not worried about it right this second. The flex arches barely.. Arches like an n not a u (barely.. Like.. Barely) so that's ok because when an engine torques it Tories like a u so it will kind of torque it straighter. But yes I will do something about it shortly.

Overall.. Totally recommend trying it! Get to hear what your engine really sounds like. Granted this is a V6 so its niiiiccceee!

I'll add a link to a vid soon on the sound.. Or maybe some pics.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:44 PM

Yeah well.........ehh.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:30 AM

When i straight piped my resonator, i welded 2 olts of and used them as hangars... held up through 2 years (one of which the car was used for rallying) and never had a problem. just use the stock rubber mounts