Saturn L Series Sedans & Wagons L100, L200, L300, LW200, and LW300

Look what i found working on my car stereo system

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2022, 02:42 PM
Default Look what i found working on my car stereo system

So as you can see in the picture its a frayed wire all the way down so i cant even tell what color it was..yikes? and by the way this is my first(legal) car ever and first time installing any car audio whatsoever. My car is an 01' LW300 with a touchscreen aftermarket stereo, 4 new sony door speakers, a 10 inch visionik punch z subwoofer and a 4 channel 354xi kicker amp. I got the system,speakers and sub going sounding nice but i discovered this frayed wire last night and im not sure what to do about it..i was thinkin about cutting thru the factory tape to find the color of the wire that burned up maybe? Or bad idea? And the only issue im having now is that my dimmer switch, dash and running lights dont work when i turn my car on..but the stereo system sounds nice lol
as you can see there is an extra grey and yellow wire i taped off and of course the mystery fried wire i ran my voltmeter on it and got no voltage from it with the car on and off but it kinda sketches me out, plus i really would like my dash and running lights to work as well, kind of important at night ya know? Like i said this is my first car audio installation and i made it hard on myself by cutting the factory harness like a dumb dumb but now ive learned the hard way i guess lol anyways any help or advice/ suggestions would be awesome.