Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here...

stereo system

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 02:03 PM

i was thinking about getting a stereo system for my car and i was wonder how hard it would be to wire it up because i have never done it before. so i was wonder how hard to would be to wire up amp, speakers, subs, and radio.

Old 03-26-2007, 02:36 PM

Speakers are a simple plug and play. you shouldn't have any problems with the deck either... just find a adapter (Best Buy probably carries it) so the stock radio wiring will plug into the aftermarket CD deck. The amp will take a remote wire from the radio as well as heavy gauge speaker wire from the battery. Then it's just a matter of wiring the amp with the subs. You might want to send a PM to AudioPhyle... he's knowledgeable about the Saturn sound systems.

-S-Turn-

Old 03-27-2007, 04:21 PM

How would I go about taking apart my dash so I can get to the stereo? Does it slide out after removing a few screws under the dashlike a Civicor is everything held on with clips like a Cavalier? I'm used to working with my truck so the Saturn is a new twist to me and it's getting to be a pain in the butt having a busted CD player... And as a side note: Anyone know of a good place to get a filler frame for a single DIN replacement? I know I can go to anywhere and pic one up, but they don't fit right into that curved spot and I've heard that there's ones available that have a pocket that you can put change or whatever under the stereo slot...