Saturn L Series Sedans & Wagons L100, L200, L300, LW200, and LW300

I'm new here. But I love a saturn

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2019, 06:37 PM
Default I'm new here. But I love a saturn

Hey this my first post but from just checking out the site uall really know these cars. Which is GREAT because I have serious issue. My wife has been running my work car east jesus. I have a 2001 l100 4cyl. I love it I've had it for about 5years. Last years fixed the dreaded security problem. No issues since. Tell about 2days ago. I was driving it and it just died. I mean everything shut down. While I was in motion the lights dash radio. All just died for maybe 2seconds. Then just came back on like nothing happened before I could pull over. Then today she called and said the car died. I went and checked it out no power no dome light, no dashlights, no crank. Nothing. Put the jumper box on it. Turned the key Nothing no signs of life. Checked the battery still good (just bought it about 6mths ago). Had to tow it home. Please help my mind is wracked

Last edited by Fattyblow; 11-15-2019 at 06:38 PM. Reason: New details
Old 11-15-2019, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

Start simple. Check battery cable tightness and condition. Ensure connections are clean. Check the negative battery cable connection at the frame/block. Also ensure battery terminals are not fractured.

Also. What is battery V when holding the key to crank vs at rest?

Really sounds like you've lost 12V everywhere, and there's usually a simple explanation.

Old 11-15-2019, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

The ground cable connects to a bell housing bolt near the starter. This is the ground for starting the engine. The body ground is on the inner fender between the battery and the windshield washer tank fill. The positive cable connects to the starter and the alternator. This the main cable to start the car and recharge the battery. The positive cable provides power to the rest of the car at the under hood fuse panel under the red flip up cover. This is also the place where you can jump start the car.

Old 11-21-2019, 09:53 AM
Default Thanks

Originally Posted by Fattyblow
Hey this my first post but from just checking out the site uall really know these cars. Which is GREAT because I have serious issue. My wife has been running my work car east jesus. I have a 2001 l100 4cyl. I love it I've had it for about 5years. Last years fixed the dreaded security problem. No issues since. Tell about 2days ago. I was driving it and it just died. I mean everything shut down. While I was in motion the lights dash radio. All just died for maybe 2seconds. Then just came back on like nothing happened before I could pull over. Then today she called and said the car died. I went and checked it out no power no dome light, no dashlights, no crank. Nothing. Put the jumper box on it. Turned the key Nothing no signs of life. Checked the battery still good (just bought it about 6mths ago). Had to tow it home. Please help my mind is wracked

thanks for all your help. The fast replied gave me good ground to start on. The problem was a simple problem, it was the positive wire connection between the battery and fuse box. The power wire had a short in it. So when it was touch or moved to mich it would shut down the whole car. Thanks for all your help

Old 11-21-2019, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for checking back with your solution.
Andy