Paint code for door jamb paint

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2022, 08:20 PM
Default Paint code for door jamb paint

I'm in the process of restoring/modifying a 2004 Saturn Ion Redline ( The worst year of the car I know but there is sentimental value in this one) and I have a bit of rust in the door jam, under some of the interior panels and in the left rear of the trunk. I was wondering if anyone has found a paint match for the OEM blackish paint that is used on the interior chassis of these cars?

Old 01-04-2022, 04:48 AM

I agree, worst year. But also the most unique year. I am an 06 owner myself.
if i remember correctly there should be a sticker in the trunk with the paint code on it. Interior paint is the same as the exterior.
Believe the black was called onyx

Old 01-04-2022, 06:53 AM
Super Moderator

Sticker is often on the spare tire cover on the outside. It may also be on the door plate in the drivers door plate area

Old 01-04-2022, 06:54 AM
Super Moderator

And if you want extra boost, never clamp the blow off valve closed. Just don't do it.

Old 01-04-2022, 01:46 PM

Thanks gentlemen. I’ll giver a go with some GM 8555 black then.

I will definitely not be pegging the boost on the supercharger given that it just makes heat instead of horsepower if you run it too hard for too long. It has a gm stage 2 kit so it’s fun for now and if I get bored of it I will likely piece together a turbo kit from old SAAB parts, front mount intercooler and a better aftermarket turbo.

I’m in the assess and restore phase at the moment and so far I’m impressed for a 18 year old daily in the rust belt. There’s a bit of rust in the trunk and around clip holes inside and only a bit on the pinch welds under the car. All around pretty decent.

Old 01-04-2022, 09:39 PM

Def don't waste time with blower mods. ZZP sells some bolt on kits as well if you wanna be lazy about a kit. Haha

Old 01-05-2022, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by DropDead
Def don't waste time with blower mods. ZZP sells some bolt on kits as well if you wanna be lazy about a kit. Haha
Yeah I’m cheaper than I am lazy. I have the whole interior stripped out of it doing a detail piece by piece trying to clean up the mess the passenger side drain made instead of throwing $150 at the the detailer to do it so I can get paid to do something I’m good at instead lol.

Old 01-05-2022, 02:34 PM

I totally feel that.
150 can probably get you that saab kit from the junk yard. Lmao

Old 01-05-2022, 03:18 PM

I have a grocery list for the pick and pull and it’s about $400 between the restoration bits and the turbo kit so I can’t complain. Now I just have to find one with all the stuff I want.

Old 01-05-2022, 05:27 PM

Hell might be able to find out a rusted out parts car for that. And get a spare engine out of the deal

Quick Reply: Paint code for door jamb paint