Knock knock

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2022, 07:56 AM

Damn, Billy. I'm sorry to hear that you lost 3 cars. That truly sucks as I know you had some plans for them. I sure hope that you can find some replacements soon. Do you have insurance for that kind of thing?

Old 01-26-2022, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry dude.

Old 01-26-2022, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry, man.

Glad you're ok.

For as long as I've known you, you seem to have a way of pulling through no matter what the obstacle is. You'll find a way through this and eventually come out somewhat shiny on the other side.

Not overnight, but you'll get there.

Keep your wits about you while on the job.
And focus on what you're doing so that you don't get hurt.

This may seem obvious, but I know how easy it is to be distracted by unexpected events in your life

Take care and reach out to your forum support group if and when you need to.

I'm not going anywhere.

Old 01-26-2022, 12:25 PM

Negative. I did not get insurance as I wasn't planning on being here that long and as time passed it slipped my mind.

I may be done with trying to fix/flip/race for a while. Get my priorities straight and get moved into a house with a garage or shop before I take any more steps.

Been a domino effect chit show lately.

Maybe it's for the best.

Real messed up thing is I was prepping the head from the stratus for a valve job yesterday at work. Took about 4 hours. Guess I'll check that off as time wasted. Unless someone needs a head for a 2.4 edz chrysler engine.

Old 01-26-2022, 05:45 PM

Type up an ad for it and I'll transfer it over to Allpar where I've been a member for about 20 years. Someone there may want it. According to what I can find, the EDZ was used on the Mexican Stratus R/T and Cirrus.

Last edited by Rubehayseed; 01-26-2022 at 05:48 PM.
Old 01-26-2022, 07:54 PM

Edz is the engine code for the non turbo 2.4 stratus/sebring/caravan/PT cruiser here in the states.

I still have the short block. May just finish the block and try to sell as a whole locally first to try and recouped some money.

Fire Marshall's let me get a handful of things tonight that werent affected as bad as the cars seeing as I was concerned about not having doors any more. Still under investigation.

Old 01-27-2022, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator

That was all contained to your unit alone?

I guess that's a good thing

Old 01-27-2022, 08:22 AM

Well, if you decide to sell some of it, let me know. My offer still stands.

Old 01-27-2022, 09:36 AM

https://www.kltv.com/2022/01/25/stol...rage-business/

He's basically standing in front of my unit. You can see the crispy dodge. It got hot enough to start melting the frame from what I saw last night.

My unit and the unit next to mine are under investigation right now so were only allowed to grab itema from specific areas. Everyone else can clean out there flooded units as they please.

Old 02-11-2022, 09:53 PM

Going to start tearing the 04 down tomorrow so I can hopefully send to scrap next weekend. Along with the other 2.
and by start, I really mean see if I can still salvage anything from it. I'm kinda hoping the suspension is okay so I can swap it back to the silver car and make that a roller again (separate plans for that once I get settled in at the new job)
I'm really hoping I can save a bunch of the new parts on it. But it wasnt looking to good last time I was over there in daylight.

Still trying to figure out if I am going to modify the front of my GC for a winch, or if I'm gonna be cheap and buy some recovery hooks and a rope to drag them out. I really need to service the trans after my 1300lbs scrap haul yesterday.
I see traction being an issue if I try to drag the cars out though as there's no concrete.

I forgot I had started an lsj swap thread for the silver car a while back. Well. Doubt it'll happen.

Quick Reply: Knock knock