Knock knock

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2021, 07:47 PM

Junk yard is doing a $20 5 gallon bucket sale this weekend.
basically anything that can fit in a 5 gallon bucket is $20.
Imma grab a set of axlea off an hhr ive been eyeballing. Maybe the shifter cables too. Need a few things for my DGC as well. Even if I go twice the axles alone are usually 25 each.
I'll get my moneys worth. Trying to think of something not boost related I could potentially grab as another power adder.

Besides that, haven't touched the car. Been trying to get some testing done for work so I can qualify for my first ASE test.

Old 12-12-2021, 12:24 PM

That trip was half wasted.
show up and on the door they have a sign saying no axles, transmission, engines, bumpers.

So got a few things for the DGC, shifter cables, another clutch fitting bleeder, battery cables, and emptied a few fuse blocks. I got my $20 worth. Haha

Old 12-13-2021, 08:12 AM

Damn, I thought there were laws against false advertising.

Old 12-21-2021, 08:53 PM

No update here lately.
hours are getting cut drastically at work (loosing 10-15 hours a week of overtime) so not as much play money.

DGC is running okayish.

Still trying to decide if imma boost the ion or not.

Stratus is tucked away with the ion, so all ive gotta do is throw a block together for that.

But anyway.

Turbo or not to turbo?

Old 12-22-2021, 05:33 AM
Super Moderator

Supercharger.

EVERYONE has a turbo....

Old 12-22-2021, 08:14 AM

Supercharger stuff went away. Long story. But someone who I thought was a friend, not so much.

Old 01-08-2022, 07:08 PM

Went over there for the first time in a few weeks tonight.
original plan was just to clean up some, check to make sure my trailer lights work, and get my tools back in the tool box.

Well. Weather decided it was a good time for a monsoon so I waited it out working on the car some.

Got the old axles out. And got the steering shaft in. Not much, but progress. I'm off like 3 teeth on the shaft. But I'll fix that when I do an alignment on it. That job was miserable.
Depending on how I feel tomorrow I'll drop the engine and trans in. I did find 1 good-ish axle from the silver car. But that still leaves me buying one.
Only good thing about that is, I dont need axles to start the car.

Since I'm down to hardly enough hours to pay bills at work, this thing may not get turbo'd in time for track season.
Guess I'm going back to side jobs and selling parts until I find something else.

Old 01-21-2022, 08:34 PM

okay gentleman, and derf

My storage unit was broken into. Had a few things taken, luckily nothing to valuable, but still.
Being I am already paid through March 1st, its a mad dash to move out before anything else goes missing.

Tomorrow I am bringing my trailer home from work to load up everything that didnt fit in the Jeep and the Dodge.
Pretty much get it down to the 3 cars, which leaves me roughly 5 weeks to get 3 cars running enough to get to my apartment otherwise theyre going to the crusher.

Ion is the closest to being done, so get the engine lined up. Get the harness hooked up, and ill worry about axles and mounting the exhaust if it starts. As long as it can start I can tow it to my apartment or work to finish it.

Stratus engine needs to be put together and timed. Which means I need to get a chrysler balancer puller and gasket set this week. That engine might go to work with me to get done in down time. I am confident that it wont be difficult to swap that out, and as long as I get the timing right it will run no problem. I cant exactly flat tow it like I can the Ion, because, well, theres no front frame. I totaled the car back in '19. $300 at the junk yard and it still drove straight down the road. Amazing gas saver to be honest.

Passat wagon I have stashed, well, needs a head gasket. Dont exactly know about the head yet as they are prone to cracking. But absolute worst case that will be the one to go to scrap. It would be cool to daily, but title issues, german car, been sitting for several years. Just going to be a bigger headache than its if it comes down to it.

Anyway. Time to write down a shopping list to tape to my daily planner and try to find some deals this weekend after I get moved out and drop an engine....Good times

Old 01-24-2022, 02:48 PM

This may be the end of this thread.
got the engine in yesterday. Went to start it. It goes for a second and shuts down.
Fuse box started smoking. Went back over the harness and grounds, cant figure out what I did wrong. Had a burning electrical smell. Only thing in the box I noticed was the horn relay burned up.
Imma look one more time before I tear the car down for scrap.
But chances are the cars life has come to an end.

Old 01-26-2022, 12:07 AM

Car is officially toast. Literally.
got a call from the landlord about 30 min before I was supposed to get off work that there was a fire.

Not going to go into details as its still an open investigation. But all 3 cars are gone due to fire. Stratus got affected the worst.

Ion

Vw

Stratus. Literally nothing left from bumper to trunk.

Quick Reply: Knock knock