06 Saturn Ion (Sedan) ABS / Traction Control Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2021, 11:00 AM
Exclamation 06 Saturn Ion (Sedan) ABS / Traction Control Issues?

I've been driving my car for about a year now and sometime down the line it started acting up. The Traction Control / ABS, witch I know both work, will be turned off and the abs light will come on seemingly for no reason.
I suspect its a sensor issue but I want to know if anyone has had the same thing.
Most of the time it happens after a bump in the road but sometimes it happens right after i start the car. and if i shut it off and start it again there's no problem.
If anyone knows anything that would be cool.

Old 01-05-2021, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

Have your vehicle scanned with a scanner capable of reading body codes and chassis codes and communication codes (B C and U) in addition to the P codes. Specifically make sure that the scanner and software or firmware can communicate with GM ABS modules.

The code will probably only show when the ABS light is on. But it should give you information as to which physical sensor it is I.e what corner of the car.

​​​​​​The sensors are usually magnetic and overtime can collect all kinds of road crap on them, making it difficult for the sensor to track the tone ring on the axle.

The fact that it happens after bumps probably means it is loose or damaged or both.

Please come back and let us know what you find.